Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast does not work since v4.5.9.820

Hi, Since the 4.5.9.820 update of the Spotify android client a couple of weeks ago I haven't been able to connect to my first generation chromecast(s). I can see the devices in "Settings" -> "Connect to a device" and when I click on the device the Sp...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   Since the 4.5.9.820 update of the Spotify android client a couple of weeks ago I haven't been able to connect to my first generation chromecast(s).   I can see the devices in "Set...
  • JonasL
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Time to remove the limits?

I've been a customer for a few years now and I'm tired of continuously hitting the 3333 song limit for offline songs on my phone. I have over 200GB of data storage on my phone, why not let me use it? Please remove this and other limits and let people...

• Roadie
  • I've been a customer for a few years now and I'm tired of continuously hitting the 3333 song limit for offline songs on my phone. I have over 200GB of data storage on my phone, why not let me use it?...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! The 'explore' tab do not appear in the menu of my Spotify app anymore

The option 'explore' in the side menu of my app do not appear anymore, I can't go through playlists or any option of mood search ...only search music by name. What can I do???

• Casual Listener
  • The option 'explore' in the side menu of my app do not appear anymore, I can't go through playlists or any option of mood search ...only search music by name. What can I do???
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    Explore Mode
    problem content
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Parece que estás intentando acceder a spotify desde un país distinto

Buenas, tengo un móvil chino, en concreo el zopo 998, y con la ROM de fábrica spotify me funcionaba bien con mi usuario de facebook, pero debido a unos errores del teléfono decidí cambiar la ROM, y ahora recibo este mensaje de Spotify cada vez que in...

• Casual Listener
  • Buenas, tengo un móvil chino, en concreo el zopo 998, y con la ROM de fábrica spotify me funcionaba bien con mi usuario de facebook, pero debido a unos errores del teléfono decidí cambiar la ROM, y a...
  • Karlitakaulitz
  • 6 replies
  • 30 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 30 likes

No sound

I have android KitKat and the newest version of Spotify, typical no sound issues, reinstalled the app TWICE, which is infuriating because I live in offline mode to save data...force stopped and restarted...nothing. I can find absolutely nothing to he...

• I have android KitKat and the newest version of Spotify, typical no sound issues, reinstalled the app TWICE, which is infuriating because I live in offline mode to save data...force stopped and resta...
  • Carrjm-ca
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • No sound not playing no responds
    not playing
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Pedido de desbloqueio do premium

Olá , boa noite ,paguei o boleto do sotify hoje pela manha, mas estou com medo de não desbloquear ,muita gente reclamando ...por favor não me decepcione...obgd

• Visitor
  • Olá , boa noite ,paguei o boleto do sotify hoje pela manha, mas estou com medo de não desbloquear ,muita gente reclamando ...por favor não me decepcione...obgd
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

all my downloaded music became "undownloaded"

OK so I was running my miles for practice and suddenly my music stops, I check to see what happened and basically I have to redownload all my music. It's not that big of a deal but I want to know if there's anything I can do to make sure it doesn't h...

• OK so I was running my miles for practice and suddenly my music stops, I check to see what happened and basically I have to redownload all my music. It's not that big of a deal but I want to know if ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

MY Samsung Galaxy s5 won't sync local files

Hey! As said in the subject line my Galaxy S5 wont sync my local files in my playlists and before you link me to "https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-to-local-files" i have read it several times and it will not work!i h...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey!   As said in the subject line my Galaxy S5 wont sync my local files in my playlists and before you link me to "https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-to-local-...
  • Fliz92
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot save songs in my Micro SD

I've followed the steps below in two opportunities and I didn't get the songs I saved in my external memory. - Go to System Settings- Go to "Apps" - Find Spotify there- On Spotify's page, first, tap "Force Close"- Then tap "Clear cache" if it's not g...

• Casual Listener
  • I've followed the steps below in two opportunities and I didn't get the songs I saved in my external memory.   - Go to System Settings - Go to "Apps"  - Find Spotify there - On Spotify...
  • rodrigotcoimbra
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

One artist playing music plays slow

This has happened on two seperate phones including the one I am currently using (Note 5). But when I try to play one particular artist, a large portion of his songs play at about half speed. Any help?

• Casual Listener
  • This has happened on two seperate phones including the one I am currently using (Note 5).  But when I try to play one particular artist, a large portion of his songs play at about half speed.&nb...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems with Continuous Play.

I have Premium on a Samsung Galaxy S4.When I play music continuously in any category on my mobile device, the first song I select plays just fine with sound. After that song plays, it moves on to the next song and looks as though it is playing (the t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Premium on a Samsung Galaxy S4. When I play music continuously in any category on my mobile device, the first song I select plays just fine with sound. After that song plays, it moves on to t...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

starred playlist not available on android app

Hi ! My playlist called "starred" is not available on my android app, whereas it is on the web app is it normal ? Thanks for help

• Hi !   My playlist called "starred" is not available on my android app, whereas it is on the web app  is it normal ?   Thanks for help
  • thigaldi
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! browse not showing up on my menu

i love the idea of playing different songs from playlists found on browser and i discovered alot of new songs too but suddenly i cant find it in my on my menu can you help me? please?i use samsung galaxy grand prime

• i love the idea of playing different songs from playlists found on browser and i discovered alot of new songs too but suddenly i cant find it in my on my menu can you help me? please? i use sams...
  • Juan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Browse
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Browse Option is no longer popping up

My browse option is no longer popping up so that i can see other music. I was able to before and no i cant. Its very frustrating. How do i fix this??

• My browse option is no longer popping up so that i can see other music. I was able to before and no i cant. Its very frustrating. How do i fix this??
  • Juan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify constantly asking for me to "get premium". I am already

So, I've been on a paid family plan for a long while now. I got a new android phone several days ago and installed spotify, listened for a few days and everything was good. Just yesterday, though, it started showing the advertisement popup for me to ...

• Regular
  • So, I've been on a paid family plan for a long while now.  I got a new android phone several days ago and installed spotify, listened for a few days and everything was good.  Just yesterday...
  • Juan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Song overflow icon has too small of a hit area

The touch area around the overflow icon on the right of every song is *WAY* too small. This causes two painful (and painfully common) problems. The first is when you go and try to hit more options and it scrolls you to the middle of the playlist some...

• Casual Listener
  • The touch area around the overflow icon on the right of every song is *WAY* too small. This causes two painful (and painfully common) problems.   The first is when you go and try to hit more o...
  • Juan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

fly love no aparece

Fly love del soundtrack de río aparece en spotify web pero cuando lo intento abrir desde mi aplicación en android la canción simplemente desaparece y realmente quiero escuchar esa canción en mi celular

• Fly love del soundtrack de río aparece en spotify web pero cuando lo intento abrir desde mi aplicación en android la canción simplemente desaparece y realmente quiero escuchar esa canción en mi celul...
  • culturax09
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No results found asteroid parrot

It used to work, but now I can't use the search function. Yes, I am connected by WiFi, confirmed.

• Casual Listener
  • It used to work, but now I can't use the search function. Yes, I am connected by WiFi, confirmed.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No audio after 1 song.

Hi there, I listen to Spotify in bed at night from my Moto G running Android 5.0.2 via a small bluetooth speaker. The problem is that the sound disappears between songs. Often after the first song, sometimes after the 2nd, sometimes later. The track ...

• Hi there,   I listen to Spotify in bed at night from my Moto G running Android 5.0.2 via a small bluetooth speaker.   The problem is that the sound disappears between songs. Often ...
  • lanny20
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Andriod] Spotify crashes when logging in after creating folders on Desktop app.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/iOS-and-Android-Apps-won-t-open/td-p/1259846 ^^So similar to the issue in this post: Started to mess with the folders option on my desktop Spotify App - created folders & one was the same as...

• Visitor
  • https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/iOS-and-Android-Apps-won-t-open/td-p/1259846   ^^So similar to the issue in this post:   Started to mess with the folders opt...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android 5.1
    crashing app
    folders
    LG G4
    logging in issues
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes