Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I add whole album to existing playlist? (lost since updating to v0.5.0.1247)

Solved!

How can I add whole album to existing playlist? (lost since updating to v0.5.0.1247)

Hi,

Since a recent Spotify update, I seem to have lost the ability to add a whole album to an existing playlist.

I have noticed this problem since Spotify updated on my mobile to v0.5.0.1247 (I don't know what version I had prior to this).  The overall changes are a great improvement, but I miss this feature.

Does anyone know a workaround?  (Perhaps this function is accessible somewhere I haven't noticed)

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Seriously stupid. It's frustrating enough to rant about on Facebook. Time to cancel

View solution in original post

49 Replies

No its missing. Only way to do it now is either song by song or via the desktop app
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

you can't do it. 

spotify decided for you that you don't want to do this. 

cat1.png

If they continu to act like this, I seriously consider to cancel my premium subscription !

I spent 45 mins this morning trying to add albums to an existing playlist before I Googled the question. This is very inconvenient SPOTIFY! Please go back to the old way. Also, how about a setting allowing you to toggle between alphabetical playlists and most recent?

Spotify, please can you add this functionality (back) to the mobile app? PLEASE?!

Please please... I rarely use my computer, please re-add the function back!

Its surely too dumb that they missed this by mistake. The cynic in me says there's a commercial reason they removed the 'Add album to playlist' button. Since they did, its made me use spotify a lot less, but I'm still paying so maybe its working out for them = same subs revenue but less royalties is more profit. Not a good sign whichever it is.

Option isn't removed.

add album as playlist.png

Click "New Playlist" or add to one playlist you already have. Need to check where or if this option in Android.

I use mobile app just to listen radio or my playlist, I update my playlists at home when PC and big screen.

Checked!

No way to do this in Android app, reported this to staff.

Why leave in any kind of playlist editing functionality at all then? The function is still available on the iPhone version, so intentional omittance (justocker) seems unlikely. People obviously want this functionality, I can't imagine it would be too taxing, so please, just add it.

This is so lame. You can currently do this on the iOS app. Why can't they add it to the Android app as well?

Every Spotify app on each platform should all have the same features.

This is stupid. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've reported it too a while back. No real functional updates for quite a while now
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

+1 this is badly needed functionality, why should I have to go to my computer for something I could do if I was using ios

You can also open up the album you want to add, and go to: Edit --> Select All, and then drag the whole album to your playlist.

Dear Spotify, please add this back...PLEASE! 

Seriously dont start removing functionality it makes NO sense at all...I have been with you all since BETA!!! I have gotten 20-25 people on Spotify for you and this is how you re-pay your loyal customers...? Loss of functionality with NO explaination will result in a loss of users....this is an annoyance all I want to do is be able to add entire Albums...whats so bad about that?

Been a user a long time to, and been responsible for a bunch of other friends and family subscribing. Feels stupid now, right? Its like living in a parallel universe were development goes backwards.

And as a final kick in the balls the iOS platform apparently has no problem keeping all the features thats been taken away from android.

Thanks for taking the time to make a screenshot. But the issue reported here is on the Android client (it's in the Android subforum, after all).

It should be possible to add an album to a playlist from the Android app, and it is not.

Spotify, please put this back. I just left iOS for android and it still works on iOS. I am a premium member and listen to you at least six or seven hours a day. Not being able to add a whole album is an unacceptable regression in functionality. 

Suggested posts