Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I remove a single song from an album??

How can I remove a single song from an album??

Plan

Premium

Country

SPAIN

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android 9

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me a way to simply remove a single song from an album??? I am getting mad looking for an option to do such a simple action!

Thanks.

Sergio.

3 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out to the community! If you'd like to stop hearing a song in an album, you can create a new playlist and add each song except for the one you'd like to avoid and leave that on shuffle. Hope you're able to figure it out!

Hi Eltoch,

Thanks for the prompt answer.

Just one more question: Why does the "remove song" option no longer exist on Spotify? Why do I have to create a playlist in order to be able to excluse those songs I dont want to listen? I think that Spotify app should be getting improved as time passes, not getting worse.

Thanks.
Sergio.

Of course! I'm happy to help.

Spotify is always trying to make their interface better for the userbase, so they test out new features pretty often! You can read more about that here.

If there's a feature you don't like, people often post on the Idea Submissions forum to discuss removal/bringing an old feature back.

In my experience, removing songs from an album hasn't been a feature I've taken note of since I mostly use playlists, but I hope you're able to make things work for now 🙂

Suggested posts