Premium

Country

US

Device

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

I keep getting a pop up that says "Get the best Spotify experience on Android 12...Allow Bluetooth". I don't necessarily see a reason to allow bluetooth since everything is working fine for me. The problem is, I click "maybe later" but it comes up every single time i open the app even if it was just minimized for a second. How do I disable this thing?

94 Replies

Every. Single. Time. It doesn't matter if I choose yes, or "later" the very next time it asks me again. Can I please just get rid of this stupid message? I don't even use Bluetooth devices. How do I permanently answer this pop up? Please make it go away.
Tangent: Spotify are really, really on a roll annoying me at the moment. Please stop pestering me, I'm a premium user I pay, ok, just stop it.

This thing comes up constantly and is competely obnoxious. There should be a "no and don't ask again" option

Doesn't work - still get the pop-up every time I maximize the app.

seconded, same behavior, same phone/os

It keeps asking relentlessly to allow Bluetooth access to control nearby devices! Make it stop. 

Hey there @autoboat2,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know if this pops up only when you have a sound output device connected like headphones/ speaker (even if they're connected via AUX) or even when there is no such device connoted to your phone?

It would be great if you can share your device model, OS version and Spotify version as well.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So I get this pop up every time I open the app since a previous update. Just wondering if it's mandatory and if not I wouldn't mind a solution to disable. Everything works fine even when I click no every time it's just annoying now. Will post screenshot upon reply

I went into settings on my device and it was on 'do not allow'. I toggled it to 'allow' then back to 'do not allow' and that seems to have fixed this pop up constantly appearing. The app has closed itself when I did it because my music stopped playing when I did. So I think of people followed your directions and then reset the app, it would probably fix this. Also maybe do it while not connected to any Bluetooth devices. That might be confusing the app.

The "Get the best Spotify experience in Android 12" prompt must be removed. It appears every time I launch the app. Add a third choice: " No thank you. Don't ask me again"
"Allow Bluetooth" and "Maybe Later" aren't actually choices. They are just excuses for your incessant requests for access.

Your popups, requests for information, auto-enabled features consistently detract from the user experience and are anathema to the premium experience I pay for each month. Allow us to disable notifications permanently, trust that we know how to get the best from our apps and relagate your feature drops to a different user base.

Amazing, thank you!!

1. Me too. This is very annoying. How to fix it?

Yeah that solution didn't work.. this is driving me crazy. Just started the other day. Every time I open Spotify. 

Spotify version: 8.7.22.1125

Android version: 12

Obviously, this pop up is a recent update to the Spotify software. Can someone from Spotify contact the project team and tell them the notication is bothering customers and make them remove it.  There have been a few stupid updates from Spotify recently and I am considering leaving the platform. FYI, I did try the moderator's solution and it did not work. 

I've been dealing with this garbage as well. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Annoying isn't it????? 

Brand new phone, brand new Spotify install, and it won't shut up about Bluetooth.

I'm getting this every time I open the app now, it's so annoying. What is going on with spotify recently? Insane amount of bugs! This, no play bar, android auto not working, advert in premium, pausing for no reason  How hard is it to make an app?  Cmon guys

Same issues here.  Pop up not going away.  Reappears everytime I reopen the app window, regardless of whether the app was closed or not.

Tried all the things listed here. Not gonna give permission for Spotify.  Bluetooth works just fine at the operating system level, no need to give the app additional permission to control and monitor Bluetooth.

We need a "never ask again" option.

Android 12, fully up to date, premium plan, Pixel 3

Go into your phones app settings and enable the permission for nearby devices on Spotify.

Can you please stop this message popping up every time I launch the app - including from background while running (after I had already dismissed it previously...). As you can see on the screenshot,

1. Bluetooth is already enabled. Also:
  2. I don't have any Bluetooth devices that I need controlled by Spotify, so, exactly what "things might not work as expected'??? And so:
  3. "Maybe Later" is a completely disingenuous option when plain and simple "NO" is what's required...

Seems to me that Spotify is constantly trying to dream up new cruel & unusual ways to stop me simply just listening to my music!

Screenshot_2022-04-25-18-12-09-71_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

@buige This  keeps happening whether you click "Allow Bluetooth" or "Maybe later". Either way it shouldn't keep popping up.

Suggested posts