Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I reorder songs in my playlist on my phone?

Solved!

How do I reorder songs in my playlist on my phone?

I have only found an option for deleting songs, but I want to change the order of songs in a playlist. How can I do that? Before I had an iphone and used this feature a lot.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Give this a kudo:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Rearrange-tracks-inside-a-playlist-Android/idi-p/6903...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I eventually got tired of not being able to reorder tracks in my playlists on my phone so I made an app for it, here you go: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.czaarek99.spotifyreorder

View solution in original post

25 Replies

You can do it to some extent by pulling down the track list until you see the sort/filter options at the top. Other than these options the only way to sort would be by doing it on the desktop/web app.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
Marked as solution

Give this a kudo:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Rearrange-tracks-inside-a-playlist-Android/idi-p/6903...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I gave it a kudo. I really miss this feature since switching från iphone to android.

Are you kidding me? Being able to rearrange tracks is the most basic of features Spotify should include. This makes it look like the dumbest app ever.

Ive been waiting about 3 years for this simple feature, still no joy. Its a joke.

Okay...

I'm going to delete 17 tracks...
Just to move one track...
For then to re-add those 17...

Or perhaps I should just create a new playlist and add all the songs in the order I want them...and hope I don't make any mistakes early in the list?

Woo-Hoo! Thank you. I didn't even know you could change the order. This made my day!

Marked as solution

I eventually got tired of not being able to reorder tracks in my playlists on my phone so I made an app for it, here you go: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.czaarek99.spotifyreorder

Works!

Still not implemented. I am cancelling my subscription until this is sorted. I encourage others to do the same. Probably the only way to force them to do anything.

The link doesnt work.

Do you have the apk?

On Android is the dumbest app ever! 😞

Unfortunately this is not a "solution", it is merely a feature request

cannot believe this! Just switched from Google Play Music to follow my children and I dicover the king of streming music services has an app that is **bleep**! I thought the ridicolous queue managemnt was just an episodic fail, but now I see also this. How is that possible!

I did find out you can do it using desktop app. A lame compromise, but at least it can be done.

Legend.!

How can this be marked "Solved"? Answering that it is not an option on Android is *not* a solution!

There is really no way to reorder my music on android? This is beyond embarrassing, it's **bleep**ing ridiculous. It has been years, this is basic functionality guys. It's honestly a deal breaker and it amazes me that Spotify cares so little for their customers, and how they continue to make money from people with an app without basic music playing functionality.

You can't for Android phone users. You do have a workaround using the Play Queue function. If you search in help you can find the instructions. 

The best thing to do is go on the Google Play store and search for "Spotify reorder". I found a few apps designed to reorder songs on Spotify playlists. I installed the app called "Playlist Manager" and it works.

Suggested posts