How do I save a song to a playlist

Solved!

How do I save a song to a playlist

Plan Premium

Country USA

Operating System

Android Oreo,

My Question or Issue

When listening to a Spotify Radio Station, I can not see how to save individual songs to one of my playlists.  I see how to just "Save" it to my music but I usually do not just want to dump it into my library unfiled so to speak.  I have a playlist into which I put new music I find when listening to other peoples lists or just browsing through Spotify.  I then periodically go through that playlist to see which other, more specific playlists I may want to add the song to.  I want to be able to save individual songs that play on a station to that new music playlist.  If I just save a song from a radio station into my music generally, without putting it into that playlist, I can not keep track of any new songs waiting to be dealt with.  Songs just put into my gerneral music library from a radio station just get lost unless I keep a written list of them and manually go through later and find them one by one.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I figured it out. I was playing Spotify through the Spotify app within Sonos. This works fine except that the Sonos Spotify app does not include the ability to save songs playing on a "radio station" to a playlist. You can only save the songs into your general library.

So I exited the Sonos app and installed the Spotify app from the Google Playstore. Then in that app I simply choose the Sonos from my list of available devices. Now everything works. Also the interface of the standalone Spotify app is more complete and also pleasing to use since I use it on a couple of other devices.

Although Sonos has provided a Spotify app, and it works OK.... I would highly recommend ignoring that when you want to use Spotify with Sonos. Just do it as described above and things will work more smoothly.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @Will_T, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

You should be able to do that by tapping the … then tapping Add to Playlist option, where a list of your playlists will be displayed which will give you the chance to add that specific song at any of them 🙂

Hope it helps!

I will try again, it is frustrating how replies here are often marked as **bleep** and deleted even after jumping through all the capcha hoops.  Anyway, here is my reply again:

Thanks but that is my problem.  I am familiar, and use, the option you are referring to all the time when listening to songs I am browsing on Spotify.  Two of the choice that always show up are Add to Library and Add to Playlist.  If I am on my computer listening to a Radio Station, the Add to Playlist option is there.  However when I listening to "Radio" on my LG Tablet using Oreo, the Add to Playlist option is not available.  All the other choices are the same but the option to add a song from a radio rotation to one of my playlists is not there?

This LG Tablet is running Spotify through Sonos.  Maybe that is the issue?

Hey @Will_T,

Could you please share a screenshot of the player when playing a Radio Station?

I tested it in my Android device and I could tap on the …, then tap Add to playlist option for any songs I wanted.

Yes I was a bit confussed as why I got 3 emails for this thread, it seems your responses were removed because there were no replies when I came to check here.

Thanks! 🙂

Two shots attached

Spotify1.PNG
Spotify2.PNG

Hey @Will_T,

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Restarting or reinstalling does not help.  I can not find the exact version of Spotify but as mentioned before, it is whatever version that is installed through Sonos.  I am thinking maybe that is the problem.  Maybe the version of Spotify in Sonos does not allow saving to playlists when playing a station.  Although if I play a song the option to save to a playlist is there BUT if I then start the station so I can listen to similar music, the add to playlist option dissappears from the list.

I found the following in another thread where someone asked why the add to playlist option was not available: "You have to add the song in the Spotify App as that’s where the playlist really resides."
I am a little confused by this though. I added Spotify from within the Sonos app. Is that not really the spotify app? Do I need to ignore the Sonos app and add the Spotify App from the Playstore to that LG tablet? Then maybe there is a way to control and play through the Sonos from within the Spotify app?
Marked as solution

I figured it out. I was playing Spotify through the Spotify app within Sonos. This works fine except that the Sonos Spotify app does not include the ability to save songs playing on a "radio station" to a playlist. You can only save the songs into your general library.

So I exited the Sonos app and installed the Spotify app from the Google Playstore. Then in that app I simply choose the Sonos from my list of available devices. Now everything works. Also the interface of the standalone Spotify app is more complete and also pleasing to use since I use it on a couple of other devices.

Although Sonos has provided a Spotify app, and it works OK.... I would highly recommend ignoring that when you want to use Spotify with Sonos. Just do it as described above and things will work more smoothly.

Suggested posts