Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change download location to SD card

How to change download location to SD card

So, Spotify decided to delete all of my downloaded songs last night and tried automatically re-downloading all of them onto my phone's internal storage, completely filling it up. Is there any way I can change the download location back to my SD card?

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

5 Replies

¡Hola!

¿Me puedes decir de que compañia de telefono eres? Asi te puedo reedirigir a un número de telefono de Atención al Cliente:

Por ejemplo:

-Movistar: 1004 o 1002 (averías).

-Vodafone: 22123 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

@miguelich2000, it seems the topic of this thread is a bit different from what you're requesting.

@Mrger, sorry to hear that this happened to your downloads. 

You can always change the default download location back to your SD card from the Spotify app settings. Note that certain events like phone restarts/ OS updates etc. can trigger the default storage location to switch back to internal.

The right folks at Spotify are aware of this issue and we are informed that this is something that is being worked on. However we don't have an exact timeframe for a fix.

What you can do is try the solution from @Billy-J here and the suggestion from @Tink3rb3ll here.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

¿Como puedo ser moderador?

"You can always change the default download location back to your SD card from the Spotify app settings."

That's the thing: I can -- in fact -- not change the doenload location in the settings. That's the whole problem. It seems to me like the folks at Spotify have had time to be aware of this issue for a few years now, so I think I'm just gonna stop using the shitty mobile app then.

Hey @Mrger,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please try performing a clean reinstall of the app.

If that doesn't solve the issue, then it is most likely connected to your offline cache data on Spotify's end.

Fear not though, as this can be quite easily fixed by contacting our support team.

Let us know how it goes and if any further issues arise.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts