Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change tracks safely in car

Solved!

How to change tracks safely in car

Hello,

(been looking on here for 30 minutes but have not found a solution)

i have a long drive to work on the highway and want a safe way to switch tracks. I would just open my phone type in my pin code click next track but thats too dangerous. I dont want to leave my phone unlocked because I would have to lock it every time at at work. Im sure someone must know a better way but not finding it on here, maybe its just to obvious for anyone to ask. I remember seeing an add for a bluetooth controller along time ago but i don't remember the name. I connect spotify through the tape player in my car, old school i know but works fine. If someone has answered this already please link me. Id love to just shake my phone and it go to next track lol, or say next or something. Thanks for your help 🙂

Cody

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Found a solution, the car application didn't work, but was inspired to look for an app that could do what i wanted. Found one called change track by next gen it. I just run the app and press volume down once to change the track. Can adjust volume on my car sterio so im good for now. There were some other apps but only that one worked for me. Pocket tracks and another one failed for me but might work better on your android. Thanks and gl.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

How about a car application for your phone with media control such as the below:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=spinninghead.carhome

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

@Codyg555

You're not alone. I would like to have a 'Screen always on option' and others would like a "Car Mode'.

Please kudo these ideas and post there so they know people want a better driving experience:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Screen-always-on-option/idi-p/1300789

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Car-Mode-Better-amp-faster-usability-for-choosing-and-pl...

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You can keep the screen on if the phone is on charge. There is an option in the phone developer settings to enable this.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I know, but I rarely charge my phone while driving.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Found a solution, the car application didn't work, but was inspired to look for an app that could do what i wanted. Found one called change track by next gen it. I just run the app and press volume down once to change the track. Can adjust volume on my car sterio so im good for now. There were some other apps but only that one worked for me. Pocket tracks and another one failed for me but might work better on your android. Thanks and gl.

Suggested posts