Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Extremely slow startup.

Android Version 4.4.2, Spotify Version 4.8.0.1004. I think its trying to update all the playlists, I have a ton off them. Sometimes a startup takes a few minutes, even after rebooting. Kinda hard to fix when I'm driving. Tried switching to offline mo...

• Roadie
  • Android Version 4.4.2, Spotify Version 4.8.0.1004.      I think its trying to update all the playlists, I have a ton off them.  Sometimes a startup takes a few minutes, even a...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium unlimited?

Hello.I'm new here and I will like to know if being a premium user you have unlimited download? or is there a limit to download?

• Hello. I'm new here and I will like to know if being a premium user you have unlimited download? or is there a limit to download?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Available offline error!!!!

All my available offline downloads have been removed... THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!! I spend massive amounts on data to ensure I can play these songs whenever I want... so I'm expected to just download them all again? Not happening, not on my dollar.

• All my available offline downloads have been removed... THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!! I spend massive amounts on data to ensure I can play these songs whenever I want... so I'm expected to just download t...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Adds in premium

Hi, I would really like to know why i still have adds as premium user. I log off and back in as was sugested somewhere but it didnt help. Thanks for help.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I would really like to know why i still have adds as premium user. I log off and back in as was sugested somewhere but it didnt help.    Thanks for help.
  • saphirro
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung S6 edge, music stops after about 10 minutes

Hey guys, I'm curious to know why my music stops about about 10 minutes of locking my phone. When it stops the option on the lock screen to resume or skip are also gone, it's like the app has shut down and needs me to re open it to let it know I'm st...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, I'm curious to know why my music stops about about 10 minutes of locking my phone. When it stops the option on the lock screen to resume or skip are also gone, it's like the app has shut do...
  • chabobie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

crash during search "co.."

Hi all, just noticed this on my Samsung S6 Edge+, when using search I begin to type "co.." and the app crashes to the home screen (current song conintues to play). I've tested searching other combinations and everything works fine..except "CO"

• Hi all,    just noticed this on my Samsung S6 Edge+, when using search I begin to type "co.." and the app crashes to the home screen (current song conintues to play). I've tested searchin...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

0 songs.

This has probably been said before but the only ones I've seen haven't been so recent, so..I'm having an issue with my Spotify where it will not let me search for an artist, and all the artists in my music are listed with 0 songs. I have tried turnin...

• Visitor
  • This has probably been said before but the only ones I've seen haven't been so recent, so.. I'm having an issue with my Spotify where it will not let me search for an artist, and all the artists i...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artists
    Search
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Oops something went wrong message

When I try and search on the android spotify app I keep getting an "oops something went wrong, try again" message. Tried logging out and back in, uninstalling the app and re-installing it, restarting my phone and my phone data connection. What else c...

• When I try and search on the android spotify app I keep getting an "oops something went wrong, try again" message. Tried logging out and back in, uninstalling the app and re-installing it, restarting...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Search not working

When I search for something in the Android app, it is loading a long time and then I get "uuups, something went wrong" . Network connection via WLAN or mobile brings same error. Playback and sync works, so I can't be a network issue. Any ideas how to...

• Music Fan
  • When I search for something in the Android app, it is loading a long time and then I get "uuups, something went wrong" . Network connection via WLAN or mobile brings same error. Playback and sync wor...
  • RichnMary
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

2 second break at the end of every track with BT

I have been streaming Spotify music to my car stereo for about 9 months now, mostly without problems. Since the last update to 4.5.0.820 however, there is a break of about 2 seconds nearly at the end of every track. It's mostly during fade out of the...

• Music Fan
  • I have been streaming Spotify music to my car stereo for about 9 months now, mostly without problems. Since the last update to 4.5.0.820 however, there is a break of about 2 seconds nearly at the end...
  • Rick_Blaine
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I browse "Shows"?

This is really confusing. I have only just found about the "Shows"-Feature about a week ago and when I opened it for the first time there was a list of different podcasts by different categories. I followed about 20 of them. When I open the "Shows"-f...

• Music Fan
  • This is really confusing. I have only just found about the "Shows"-Feature about a week ago and when I opened it for the first time there was a list of different podcasts by different categories. I f...
  • JaywalkerHB
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung s6 equaliser stabiliy

Anyone have issues with s6 eq? I find it very frustrating, stability is not great. Why can't phone manufacturers implement a decent eq? I went to Samsung they said speak to Spotify...

• Regular
  • Anyone have issues with s6 eq? I find it very frustrating, stability is not great. Why can't phone manufacturers implement a decent eq? I went to Samsung they said speak to Spotify...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Do downloaded songs still use bandwith?

If I want to listen to a song that I've downloaded, if I have internet access will it stream it or play the file off my phone? I dont want to use bandwith if I just want to listen to an album I've downloaded, nor do I want to put my phone on airplane...

• Regular
  • If I want to listen to a song that I've downloaded, if I have internet access will it stream it or play the file off my phone? I dont want to use bandwith if I just want to listen to an album I've do...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify premium stops randomly

While listening to a playlist, Spotify stops playing the songs after 3-5 Songs. The time bar still runs but no sound is audible. Hitting the play button (pause/play) restarts the song as well as skipping forward/backwards. This occurs with various pl...

• Casual Listener
  • While listening to a playlist, Spotify stops playing the songs after 3-5 Songs. The time bar still runs but no sound is audible. Hitting the play button (pause/play) restarts the song as well as skip...
  • psychofergo
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Android premium issues

I am trying to download the spotify app on my Android phone and the google play store won't let me, saying it is "not available in this country" but I am in the UK and my phone is a UK phone with a UK simcard. I have just paid for premium and so this...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to download the spotify app on my Android phone and the google play store won't let me, saying it is "not available in this country" but I am in the UK and my phone is a UK phone with a U...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlists on Android

I have a play list that I complied on Spotify OS X, which contained a mixture of songs from the Spotify catalouge and local files.Everything is cool on the Mac, but when I play the playlist on my Android phone, the local files won't play (and are gre...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a play list that I complied on Spotify OS X, which contained a mixture of songs from the Spotify catalouge and local files.Everything is cool on the Mac, but when I play the playlist on my And...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"no internet connection"

Spotify on my phone keeps saying i have no internet connection since a couple of days (not in wifi or in 4g). Reinstalled, removed all downloaded songs from my phone, multiple reboots did not help. Is this a known issue since the new update or is thi...

• Regular
  • Spotify on my phone keeps saying i have no internet connection since a couple of days (not in wifi or in 4g). Reinstalled, removed all downloaded songs from my phone, multiple reboots did not help. ...
  • Eldorado
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not in my "country"

I tried to manually change my location in my spotify to the USA but it keeps putting I'm in Mexico, it's starting to get annoying saying that I am not in my country that's set up in my account, please help

• I tried to manually change my location in my spotify to the USA but it keeps putting I'm in Mexico, it's starting to get annoying saying that I am not in my country that's set up in my account, pleas...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Different country
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify No Internet Connection Detected: Error Code 4

Hi, So I'm logging on to my university public wi-fi, which works fun to browse the internet, stream etc. However, when I open Spotify it's always offline and it comes up with a message stating "Error Code: 4". It happens everytime I open Spotify. Can...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,    So I'm logging on to my university public wi-fi, which works fun to browse the internet, stream etc.  However, when I open Spotify it's always offline and it comes up with a m...
  • Arun2kv
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • internet connection
    macbook pro
    OS X El Capitan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

So I am trying to get my local files from my desktop to my android phone but nothing seems to be working. They are both connected on the same internet and everything and I see the song in my playslist on my phone, the problem is it won't let me play ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I am trying to get my local files from my desktop to my android phone but nothing seems to be working. They are both connected on the same internet and everything and I see the song in my playslis...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes