Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I have a premium subscription by my app doesn't show premium even though it recognises my subscripti

I've been successfully utilising my premium account via the installed app on my phone. I tried to install Spotify on my kindle and it's all gone wrong! My premium account has since gone. But in my settings in the app it shows a premium subscription b...

• I've been successfully utilising my premium account via the installed app on my phone. I tried to install Spotify on my kindle and it's all gone wrong! My premium account has since gone. But in my se...
  • charlottekthoma
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No notification bar controls

Hi, when i change the app the notification bar controls are gone but in the spotify app notification bar controls are visible.I tried reinstall spotify and notification tick is okey.. Sorry for bad english. Version: 4.5.0.820

• Hi, when i change the app the notification bar controls are gone but in the spotify app notification bar controls are visible. I tried reinstall spotify and notification tick is okey.. Sorry for bad...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium free one week

Hi, I've activated the free trial for one week and now I don't know how to quit this offer and I don't know if it will cost me something after this week, please help me :S

• Hi, I've activated the free trial for one week and now I don't know how to quit this offer and I don't know if it will cost me something after this week, please help me :S
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify doesn't play continuously

Alright so I have Spotify running all the time and it does so pretty fine. Though when the screen is off after a few plays the song seems to get stuck at - for example - 4:35/4:35 and it doesn't go to the next song. I have to turn on the screen again...

• Music Fan
  • Alright so I have Spotify running all the time and it does so pretty fine. Though when the screen is off after a few plays the song seems to get stuck at - for example - 4:35/4:35 and it doesn't go t...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs Skipping with Chromecast Audio

Just upgraded to premium so I could use a new Chromecast Audio. I have noticed that when set to cast, when I try to skip a song, the audio stops. After that if I press play, it just skips to the next song until eventually I get some song playing... I...

• Visitor
  • Just upgraded to premium so I could use a new Chromecast Audio. I have noticed that when set to cast, when I try to skip a song, the audio stops. After that if I press play, it just skips to the next...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Unlimited

Hi, I am considering upgrading to Spotify Unlimited (for $4.99 + sales tax every month), but I have a question. With Spotify Unlimited, will I be able to listen to my playlists in offline mode WITHOUT using data? I do not have unlimited data, so I ne...

• Hi, I am considering upgrading to Spotify Unlimited (for $4.99 + sales tax every month), but I have a question. With Spotify Unlimited, will I be able to listen to my playlists in offline mode WITHOU...
  • navaira
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Mute on my Tablet

Hey guys basically what is happeneing, if I go to any song, and press replay, it will only replay with sound 3-5 times then mute, the progress bar keeps going, but it keeps playing on mute, until i either rewind the song, or until i shut off my table...

• Visitor
  • Hey guys basically what is happeneing, if I go to any song, and press replay, it will only replay with sound 3-5 times then mute, the progress bar keeps going, but it keeps playing on mute, until i e...
  • Stodadio
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Video Issues

Started trying out some of the Spotify Video areas, liked and followed a few. I was watching slomo animals... Amazing stuff.. Then about 5 mins into the video weird rendering lines happened.Im using the latest version of Spotify, and on a Nexus 6I sc...

• Started trying out some of the Spotify Video areas, liked and followed a few. I was watching slomo animals... Amazing stuff.. Then about 5 mins into the video weird rendering lines happened. Im us...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Videos
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Offline

I was having this same issue. I had "use cellular data" setting turned on in the app but it wouldn't connect. I had to also go into my iPhone settings and then go to apps > Spotify > turned on "Cellullar Data" there two. Now works. In short, having "...

• I was having this same issue. I had "use cellular data" setting turned on in the app but it wouldn't connect. I had to also go into my iPhone settings and then go to apps > Spotify > turned on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline Access
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing the option to sort by Artist on my Songs folder

Hello, I searched for the solution and couldn't find it anywhere. I did find the button, but the only options showing are by "Title" and "Recently added", while the "Artist" one is missing, even though it is said to be there here.I tried reinstalling...

• Hello,   I searched for the solution and couldn't find it anywhere. I did find the button, but the only options showing are by "Title" and "Recently added", while the "Artist" one is miss...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Resume Playing or Mono Sound with My Fort Touch 3.8 and Bluetooth Stereo Connection

I have a 2013 C-MAX Hybrid with the latest MFT update (3.8?), TracFone LG34C (Android 4.4). I am connecting spotify android app (v4.5.0.820) to the car speakers via Bluetooth Stereo. It will start playing if I use the controls in the spotify app. Car...

• I have a 2013 C-MAX Hybrid with the latest MFT update (3.8?), TracFone LG34C (Android 4.4).  I am connecting spotify android app (v4.5.0.820) to the car speakers via Bluetooth Stereo.  It w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't apear on android wear

I have a moto 360 and it is updated to Android wear 5.1.1 (latest)The spotify app on my phone (HTC one M8) is upgraded and the log tells me it now supports Android wear but it doesn't appear on the watch.- I rebooted the phone and the watch- Reinstal...

• Regular
  • I have a moto 360 and it is updated to Android wear 5.1.1 (latest) The spotify app on my phone (HTC one M8) is upgraded and the log tells me it now supports Android wear but it doesn't appear on t...
  • Renzous
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • android wear
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes

offline playlists don't save on sd card (htc m8)

I have a 64 gb SD card in my phone. So the offline tracks should save on the card. I deleted the catch already and tried it with extreme quality too.Thanks for help

• Casual Listener
  • I have a 64 gb SD card in my phone. So the offline tracks should save on the card. I deleted the catch already and tried it with extreme quality too. Thanks for help 😊👌
  • timmyboy
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

import playlist

how can I import a playlist from a friend ?I am using a Samsung s6

• Casual Listener
  • how can I import a playlist from a friend ?I am using a Samsung s6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Occasionally, songs end too early

Hi everyone, I'm using Spotify on my Oneplus X (Android 5.1.1, Oxygen OS 2.1.3). When I'm listening to songs offline, and without WiFi, I occasionally experience songs ending too early, skipping to the next one before they have ended (mostly, the las...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   I'm using Spotify on my Oneplus X (Android 5.1.1, Oxygen OS 2.1.3). When I'm listening to songs offline, and without WiFi, I occasionally experience songs ending too early, skip...
  • JeroenRood
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

App not functioning

I downloaded spotify to my galaxy S5, it let's me log in but then it goes black and shuts down. I don't have an SD card, so that's not it. I've Uninstalled and tried again several times but it still won't work. Please help

• I downloaded spotify to my galaxy S5, it let's me log in but then it goes black and shuts down. I don't have an SD card, so that's not it. I've Uninstalled and tried again several times but it still ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is Video shows?

I have seen a number of articles in the tech press about the new Video update and how both Android and IOS versions are available. Indeed, I received the update on my Moto E phone. I have not, however, received the update on my Nexus 7. What do I hav...

• Gig Goer
  • I have seen a number of articles in the tech press about the new Video update and how both Android and IOS versions are available. Indeed, I received the update on my Moto E phone. I have not, h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't save to SD card on HTC One M8

I've tried this solution as well others on the internet. Still Spotify downloads everything to my internal storage. I have a 64GB external memory with ~50GB free space. My phone has ~4GB free space.

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried this solution as well others on the internet. Still Spotify downloads everything to my internal storage. I have a 64GB external memory with ~50GB free space. My phone has ~4GB fr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Sony change music while cellphone is locked

Hello guys, my Spotify works very good, but one day, this problem came.I always change the music with my phone locked, but one day. It didn't work anymore, it was not an update. I don't know what to do (sorry for my bad English)

• Casual Listener
  • Hello guys, my Spotify works very good, but one day, this problem came. I always change the music with my phone locked, but one day. It didn't work anymore, it was not an update. I don't know what t...
  • Zazeros
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Too Many Issues!

Loved spotify when i got a free premium membership as an incentive offer from rogers. however, this latest update has destroyed all love for this app. I'm using it on my Galaxy S5. 1. only plays 1 song then nothing! can't even shut down the app and r...

• Casual Listener
  • Loved spotify when i got a free premium membership as an incentive offer from rogers. however, this latest update has destroyed all love for this app. I'm using it on my Galaxy S5.   1. only p...
  • sengir123
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes