Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • ryan886
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Voice control only works when screen is on!

With the phone in my pocket, I press the command button on my Bluetooth headset (Gear Circle) and saying "Play Bastille" returns a friendly voice "Ok! Using Spotify to play Bastille" but nothing happens.Only when I turn on my phone screen do I see Sp...

• Music Fan
  • With the phone in my pocket, I press the command button on my Bluetooth headset (Gear Circle) and saying "Play Bastille" returns a friendly voice "Ok! Using Spotify to play Bastille" but nothing happ...
  • lflegg
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Voice control
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

help please

When trying to sign into Spotify the app is telling me that I must remove the space in my email address when trying to log on. There is no space in my email rondamax@gmail.com. ..... please help me to log on. Thank you ! Ronda

• Casual Listener
  • When trying to sign into Spotify the app is telling me that I must remove the space in my email address when trying to log on. There is no space in my email rondamax@gmail.com. ..... please help me t...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

text suggestions

There used to be a number to text fot a playlist siggestion ie. you would text what you're doing like working out or something and you would get a link to a playlist by spotify , does anyone know that number and if it still works?im going crazy tryin...

• There used to be a number to text  fot a playlist siggestion ie. you would text what you're doing like working out or something and you would get a link to a playlist by spotify , does anyone kn...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Extreme Quality Download Not Working

Normal quality works fine, the songs all download and work offline, but high or extreme doesn't. Only Around 1 in 20 songs work offline, the others need to stream.Also streaming extreme quality songs will either stop 2 seconds before the end and not ...

• Casual Listener
  • Normal quality works fine, the songs all download and work offline, but high or extreme doesn't. Only Around 1 in 20 songs work offline, the others need to stream. Also streaming extreme quality son...
  • thattallguy65
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download error
    extreme quality
    Premium
    quality
    stops playing
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Party on Chromecast Audio

Hi, So I use Spotify mainly at home, where I have multiple Chromecast Audio connected in multiple rooms. When I start Spotify Party playlist, I set the mood, and the song starts. From my phone, I still have the slider to change the mood. The problem ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   So I use Spotify mainly at home, where I have multiple Chromecast Audio connected in multiple rooms. When I start Spotify Party playlist, I set the mood, and the song starts. From my pho...
  • Lamedogg
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing downloaded playlist: stopping between tracks

I am playing a downloaded playlist. It gets to the end of the song then just stops. It shows the next track and has the pause button showing but the song is not playing. I just opened the track and it thought it was playing it. But no sound was comin...

• Roadie
  • I am playing a downloaded playlist. It gets to the end of the song then just stops. It shows the next track and has the pause button showing but the song is not playing.   I just opened the tr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Rearranging tracks in Spotify (premium) bugs

While playing tracks from an album and more tracks added to the queue, when trying to rearrange the the tracks, it automatically deletes the entire queue instead of rearranging it. I can't phrase it properly but it's really bugging me. I think the 'p...

• Music Fan
  • While playing tracks from an album and more tracks added to the queue, when trying to rearrange the the tracks, it automatically deletes the entire queue instead of rearranging it. I can't phrase it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Play queue
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs not playing

I've got an issue with songs I've downloaded not playing at all. They have the green arrow showing they should've downloaded correctly but when I try to play them nothing happens. I've cleared the cache and redownloaded all the songs but no improveme...

• Regular
  • I've got an issue with songs I've downloaded not playing at all. They have the green arrow showing they should've downloaded correctly but when I try to play them nothing happens.   I've clear...
  • Twiggysdreads
  • Regular
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Sync

Hi Spotify Community, I have 1x Spotify Premium account with 2 devices linked to it.Samsung S5 and a Samsung S2tablet. I generally use my phone as it is smaller and easier but at home I could be using the tablet via Sonos. Is there away that both dev...

• Hi Spotify Community,   I have 1x Spotify Premium account with 2 devices linked to it. Samsung S5 and a Samsung S2tablet.   I generally use my phone as it is smaller and easier but at ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

One song from artist is playing

I'm trying to listen to a particular artist, but only 1 of his 8 songs I have are playing. I've tried both online & offline, saving the songs & removing them, then readding them

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to listen to a particular artist, but only 1 of his 8 songs I have are playing. I've tried both online & offline, saving the songs & removing them, then readding them
  • Winterburn7274
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

samsung galaxy s3 high speed after a pause

I am having a problem.. and I am very confused... I also have an app from sirius that behaves in a similar way. I am listening to a radio station.. and hit the pause key.. When I come back to play .. it plays all the missed music? I think? but like i...

• I am having a problem.. and I am very confused... I also have an app from sirius that behaves in a similar way. I am listening to a radio station.. and hit the pause key.. When I come back to pla...
  • truckerjunk
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Most album artwork gone

So I was trying to clear up space on my Android phone, and I accidentally deleted a file that looked like it held the album artwork for Spotify, and after doing this, most of the album artwork on my phone is gone. It doesn't seem to matter whether th...

• So I was trying to clear up space on my Android phone, and I accidentally deleted a file that looked like it held the album artwork for Spotify, and after doing this, most of the album artwork on my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Concert

I love the feature to see concerts near me in the app. Is it possible to expand the artists that I see to related artists to artists I like as opposed to only artists that I have liked? Thanks! Dave

• I love the feature to see concerts near me in the app.  Is it possible to expand the artists that I see to related artists to artists I like as opposed to only artists that I have liked?  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Désynchronisation

Désynchronisation d'1 ou quelques plages régulièrement ,sur des playlists

• Casual Listener
  • Désynchronisation d'1 ou quelques plages régulièrement ,sur des playlists
  • Gedeon35
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound quality issues on Nexus in Marshmallow

My Spotify buzzes, squeaks, and sounds like a 90s modem since I have updated to Marshmallow on my Nexus 5.If I turn the EQ off its less prominent.I have the lastes Android OS and I ahve uninstalled and resinstalled Spotify numerous times.

• Regular
  • My Spotify buzzes, squeaks, and sounds like a 90s modem since I have updated to Marshmallow on my Nexus 5. If I turn the EQ off its less prominent. I have the lastes Android OS and I ahve uninstall...
  • jk125
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Android/ program/ Chromecast support

Why no Chromecast or Spotify connect support for audio/video program?

• Regular
  • Why no Chromecast or Spotify connect support for audio/video program?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify forgets login details about once a week

I have been having this problem for about a month now. I am a premium user. Whenever it happens I clean install the app and fromat my sd card. I then reinstall the latest version from google play and resync my playlists. About a week later whenever I...

• Gig Goer
  • I have been having this problem for about a month now. I am a premium user. Whenever it happens I clean install the app and fromat my sd card. I then reinstall the latest version from google play and...
  • aodhokeady
  • Gig Goer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Malfunzionamento!!

Excuse my award and I Spotify State offered FREE From Vodafone . An annual subscription to expire on 10/2016 What should I arrive Messages From Vodafone What I Say And What can not update my spotify and keep the premium ... why? ??

• Casual Listener
  • Excuse my award and I Spotify State offered FREE From Vodafone . An annual subscription to expire on 10/2016 What should I arrive Messages From Vodafone What I Say And What can not update my spotify ...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY KEEPS STOPPING

I have an S5 with Android 4.4.2 rooted. I have tried everything to fix the stoppage. I reinstalled and installed older versions and still it won't stop with the sudden stop. I AM ON 4G LTE. I have seen fixes for other phones but the S5 fix is not goi...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an S5 with Android 4.4.2 rooted. I have tried everything to fix the stoppage. I reinstalled and installed older versions and still it won't stop with the sudden stop. I AM ON 4G LTE. I have se...
  • B282100
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes