Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to determine if a song is already in a playlist?

Solved!

How to determine if a song is already in a playlist?

Hi.

Is there a way to quickly determine if a song that's playing is already in one of my playlists? For example a menu option to show playlist membership? I'd like to keep all songs in my playlists unique. I have a lot of playlists and don't always remember off the top of my head. Spotify prompts me if I try to add a song to a playlist where that song already exists but won't tell me if that song is already in a different playlist.  

Thanks..  

David. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There's no way to do this as far as I know. I guess you could use one of the online tools, such as this one,  from time to time to clean up duplicates.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

There's no way to do this as far as I know. I guess you could use one of the online tools, such as this one,  from time to time to clean up duplicates.

Thanks for the link. Wasn't aware of this tool. Regards.

This is how I do:

1. Create a playlist for "listened" songs.
  2. Every song you listen to, add it to the list.
  3. You will get notified whether it already is in the list.

Not a very nice solution...and you will hit the limit of max 10,000 songs in a playlist so you may need one listened-playlist per genre or something. I will also not work to filter out all the duplicas out there...many records seem to have been added to spotify several times.

Suggested posts