Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to "disconnect" by android phone and laptop?

How to "disconnect" by android phone and laptop?

I want to use them for different playlists and I don't want one to change the other one.

It worked the way I wanted it until I upgraded the laptop version of spotify and I want to change it back to the way it was. I cannot see any options to do this.

4 Replies

Hi,

There are some technical difficulties in this, suggest you post a new idea.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

What is the technical difficulty. It worked for me before? You changed the behaviour, I didn't ask for it, and you don't even give me the option?

It isn't a new feature request, it's an option to keep things the way they were.

Hi,

Firstly I didn't do anything. I'm just a paying user like you.

Secondly, there were a lot of people complaining about it not remembering where they were and wanting it to remember their last position so they could go from the car to the house and just carry on from where it left off.

Your particular request is sort of in contradiction to the request of the masses which is why I suggest you create a new idea. Maybe it should be an optional setting?

As for the technicalities behind it. Spotify is more complicated that you'd think. I could be wrong as I don't actually know but I believe the central Spotify Servers have many different modules which each handle different aspects of the Spotify experience. i.e. one module and department concentrate on Browse, another for Shuffle, each platform has it's own dept as well. All of these work individually but tap into the core music file and then issue it out to you in the requested format. So from this you can see that the Desktop team and the Android team may actually pull the music file through a different module which then needs linking together so ensure that track positioning is remembered. It's difficult then to break this link for your sort of scenario.

Like I say, post it as an idea (if it's not already there). And if it's deemed as a quick win or gets enough Kudos then it may be considered and applied.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Makes sense if house and car are on the same playlist. In my case they are not.

And you don't get requests to keep the existing behaviour, only requests to change it. I can't believe it can be that hard to make it configurable. Both functionalities exist.

I just don't know how to word the request. I don't know what this new "feature" is called,.

Suggested posts