Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music doesn't duck/lower when played through AUX or headphones

It's a great implentation if done correctly. Music does duck when getting a notification or driving directions through speakers, but when listening to my music in my car or while wearing headphones my music will mute (Not pause) and continue back at ...

• It's a great implentation if done correctly. Music does duck when getting a notification or driving directions through speakers, but when listening to my music in my car or while wearing headphones ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Music doesn't lower duck aux headphones earphones
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Note 3 premium member now working.

First off... I am a premium member. I have a Note 3 that has upgraded the firmware and the newest version of Spotify. Ever since the updates every time I start to play a song. It stops and the program flashes and restets. I have not been able to play...

• First off... I am a premium member. I have a Note 3 that has upgraded the firmware and the newest version of Spotify. Ever since the updates every time I start to play a song. It stops and the progra...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android not playing
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Download local files

Hello, Spotify.This post was overdue for me to make. In light of recent events I've come to try the new app (been using an old one, from late 2012) and still, the ability to sync and download my music on my computer (mp3s and m4as) is not there yet. ...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello, Spotify. This post was overdue for me to make. In light of recent events I've come to try the new app (been using an old one, from late 2012) and still, the ability to sync and download my ...
  • YouKS
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"Old" devices

I also have an "old" device and just signed on Deezer. I give Spotify a couple of days more to give me a solution.

• Regular
  • I also have an "old" device and just signed on Deezer. I give Spotify a couple of days more to give me a solution.
  • Andrews32
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

"Songs", "Albums" and "Artists" listing are now empty

Hello there !I'm encountering a really strange bug on my Nexus 4 (running Spotify 1.10.113 and stock Android 4.4.2): for an unknown reason, the Spotify app suddenly acts like I've never saved any albums and titles, like showed on the following screen...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello there ! I'm encountering a really strange bug on my Nexus 4 (running Spotify 1.10.113 and stock Android 4.4.2): for an unknown reason, the Spotify app suddenly acts like I've never saved any...
  • BlackEco
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

New mobile app wrecked my offline lists

The new mobile app was simply the worst update ever! Spotify just decided you are forced to download it right away, by stating that the previous app version is no longer supported and would not open. Then, without warning you what will happen, the ne...

• Regular
  • The new mobile app was simply the worst update ever! Spotify just decided you are forced to download it right away, by stating that the previous app version is no longer supported and would not ope...
  • jamesmahood
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline download?

Hi I'm currently a new user to Spotify and I just got the 7 day free trial.If I download music (using the offline player mode), will I get charged? If so, will I be notified? I am worried about getting charged, although I have not downloaded anything...

• Hi I'm currently a new user to Spotify and I just got the 7 day free trial.If I download music (using the offline player mode), will I get charged? If so, will I be notified?   I am worried ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy Note 3 screen on when device is plugged in

I'd like to have my screen remain on when my Note 3 is plugged in - so I can view the song name / artist. Can Spotify add a settign that allows me to do this - perhaps similar to Pandora, Slacker, etc.?

• Casual Listener
  • I'd like to have my screen remain on when my Note 3 is plugged in - so I can view the song name / artist. Can Spotify add a settign that allows me to do this - perhaps similar to Pandora, Slacker, et...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Spotify Music and not Spotify?

I have been using spotify on my Android device for years and therfore have been a Premium Member for years too and I have been a very strong advocate of Spotify too. Today I did an update which told me that "Spotify" was no longer in use and I had to...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using spotify on my Android device for years and therfore have been a Premium Member for years too and I have been a very strong advocate of Spotify too.   Today I did an update ...
  • Piggbox
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New version does not work

I've just been forced to download the new version. But it won't open. All I get is a blank screen and an error message pop up saying 'unfortunately this app crashed' I use a HTC one m8. Is someone working on a fix because right now I cannot listen to...

• Music Fan
  • I've just been forced to download the new version. But it won't open. All I get is a blank screen and an error message pop up saying 'unfortunately this app crashed' I use a HTC one m8. Is someone ...
  • Rick101
  • Music Fan
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! offline playslists aren't available after going online

Hi, Everytime when I turn off the offline mode on one of my phones (Samsung Galaxy S3 and S3 mini), all the playlists which I had downloaded, aren't 'available offline' anymore. So I have to download them all again. This problem occurs since the last...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Everytime when I turn off the offline mode on one of my phones (Samsung Galaxy S3 and S3 mini), all the playlists which I had downloaded, aren't 'available offline' anymore. So I have to downlo...
  • irisyoung
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

DEVISE NOT COMPATIBLE

Way to go Spotify. I AM A PAYING CUSTOMER. I have never experienced such apathy from a Customer Support Team. Great business strategy. Annoy and drive away paying customers. Still waiting for my reply. Sent two emails..............C'mon. I want a pro...

• Regular
  • Way to go Spotify. I AM A PAYING CUSTOMER. I have never experienced such apathy from a Customer Support Team. Great business strategy. Annoy and drive away paying customers. Still waiting for m...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost ALL offline music after turning off phone.

Samsung Galaxy SIII 4.1.2Spotify 0.5.12.52 Had over 20gb of music synced offline. Frequently turn my phone off when storing it in a locker etc. and never had a problem. Today, I turn my phone back on and access Spotify to be presented with the 'log i...

• Music Fan
  • Samsung Galaxy SIII 4.1.2 Spotify 0.5.12.52   Had over 20gb of music synced offline. Frequently turn my phone off when storing it in a locker etc. and never had a problem.   Today, I t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

"Offline Content Only" on Playlists

Hello, There is a bug I have since several weeks. I have albums on "Playlists" tab and on "Albums" tab. For better visibility, I tick "Offline Content Only" so I only have my synchronized album visible. It used to work also in "Playlists" tab, but no...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   There is a bug I have since several weeks.   I have albums on "Playlists" tab and on "Albums" tab. For better visibility, I tick "Offline Content Only" so I only have my sy...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My android phone is telling me to upgrade to premium

Hey, my phone has stopped allowing me unlimited skipping and keeps telling me to upgrade to premium. Ive always been a premium user. Also my tablet is still leaving me use spotify as a premium account Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, my phone has stopped allowing me unlimited skipping and keeps telling me to upgrade to premium. Ive always been a premium user. Also my tablet is still leaving me use spotify as a premium accoun...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

korn the paradigm shift android problems

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has problems with Korn radio or shuffling Korn on an andriod device, where as soon as a song from the paradigm shift plays, it only shufffles 2 versions of the album and nothing else? The only way to correct this is to r...

• Hi,       I was wondering if anyone has problems with Korn radio or shuffling Korn on an andriod device, where as soon as a song from the paradigm shift plays, it only shufffl...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs and album lists are cluttered

Why is it that when I add a song to 'singles' in 'your music' it also adds the album to 'albums'? I now have an album folder full of albums with only one song, making it hard to browse through the album folder. This works the other way wirth the 'sin...

• Why is it that when I add a song to 'singles' in 'your music' it also adds the album to 'albums'? I now have an album folder full of albums with only one song, making it hard to browse through the al...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't login on phone or tablet

HeyI have a free spotify account. And i can login on my PC with "B...@gmail.com but after reinstalling android on my phone and tablet i'm not able to login there anymore. When i write my username "b...@gmail.com" it brings me an error "!" and it says...

• Regular
  • Hey I have a free spotify account. And i can login on my PC with "B...@gmail.com but after reinstalling android on my phone and tablet i'm not able to login there anymore. When i write my username "...
  • Bernchou
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

App will not stay logged in and will not allow me to play through any song.

Hello. I have been using Spotify for a long time now, without glitches and/or hiccups as many of the other folks have been experiencing up until now.Unfortunately, when I installed the latest version of Spotify on my Android (SGS4) it ceased to work ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.   I have been using Spotify for a long time now, without glitches and/or hiccups as many of the other folks have been experiencing up until now. Unfortunately, when I installed the...
  • blu83fir3
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Importand notice for spotify users???

Hello, After i got the email saing that someone has hacked the spotify server i tried to open my spotify mobile app on my samsung galaxy mini I got a message saing that i should update my spotify app. when i tab on "Download" I will go to the play st...

• Hello,   After i got the email saing that someone has hacked the spotify server i tried to open my spotify mobile app on my samsung galaxy mini I got a message saing that i should update m...
  • Andrews32
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes