Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford App Link

Is there a way to make spotify work with ford app link? I just bought a 2014 focus and it doesn't seem to work. I can stream through bluetooth but I would really like to see song titles and stuff on the screen as well as be able to control app better...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to make spotify work with ford app link? I just bought a 2014 focus and it doesn't seem to work. I can stream through bluetooth but I would really like to see song titles and stuff o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! why hasn't my subscription been canceled? !

I cancel my subscription 3 months ago and just had to do it again. Why didn't it go through and where is my refund for the three months of no use or app??

• I cancel my subscription 3 months ago and just had to do it again. Why didn't it go through and where is my refund for the three months of no use or app??
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Redownload Playlist

It seems that everytime I update Spotify then I have to redownload my music to play offline. Is there a setting I'm not finding? If anyone has anything for solving this please contact me rsassy000@gmail.com. I may miss the solution to this by just re...

• Casual Listener
  • It seems that everytime I update Spotify then I have to redownload my music to play offline. Is there a setting I'm not finding? If anyone has anything for solving this please contact me rsassy000@gm...
  • rsassy000
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

GT S5300: IMPOSSIBLE TO USE SPOTIFY

Since the last update, i cannot use spotify on my Samsung GT S5300. I paid the big money for my subscription to listen to offline music while commuting/jogging. Listening to music on my phone was ideal in those situations. Now it's impossible, so I c...

• Since the last update, i cannot use spotify on my Samsung GT S5300. I paid the big money for my subscription to listen to offline music while commuting/jogging. Listening to music on my phone wa...
  • jacquelinejack
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Extreme Quality free for everyone?

I'm using kindle fire hdx downloaded from the amazon appstore i found out I'm not the paid member but I can click the extreme quality button. is it really providing extreme quality when i clicked? because it seems nothing different.. and nothing pop-...

• Regular
  • I'm using kindle fire hdx downloaded from the amazon appstore i found out I'm not the paid member but I can click the extreme quality button. is it really providing extreme quality when i click...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

My phone wont sync local files over WiFI

Greetings. So I've had this issue for a while, I have googled around and tried to solve it myself, to no avail. After setting up both my phone and laptop to the same WiFi network, creating a playlist for my local files and pushing "download" for that...

• Greetings. So I've had this issue for a while, I have googled around and tried to solve it myself, to no avail. After setting up both my phone and laptop to the same WiFi network, creating a playlist...
  • JarmanBen
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

screen blank

Nothing working. menu button there but no response. 1st said sd card damaged. Now nothing works.

• Nothing working. menu button there but no response. 1st said sd card damaged. Now nothing works.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes when syncing playlists.

Yo! I've got a Sony Ericsson xperia X10 mini pro, which I'm trying to sync one of my playlists to offline mode. That works out just fine, for the first 3 songs, then it freezes. Tried reinstalling, deleting cache and files, deleting some of my playli...

• Yo!   I've got a Sony Ericsson xperia X10 mini pro, which I'm trying to sync one of my playlists to offline mode. That works out just fine, for the first 3 songs, then it freezes. Tried reinst...
  • kekxbox
  • Regular
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Playlists Reset When The App Closes

This is an issue I've been experiencing for a few months now and maybe somebody here can help me out. For a while now my offline playlists have not been updating as they should. When I attempt to download a playlist it will appear to download like no...

• Casual Listener
  • This is an issue I've been experiencing for a few months now and maybe somebody here can help me out. 🙂   For a while now my offline playlists have not been updating as they should. When I ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding Playlists to My music

Hi, How can I add songs from my friends playlist in My Music on Android? Ninad

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, How can I add songs from my friends playlist in My Music on Android?  Ninad
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 4.4.2 - Xperia Z - Spotiy not starting after latest update 25-6-2014

Dear, As title describes, spotify is not starting properly. It is not loading or it freezes/crashes on startup. Android 4.4.2 Xperia Z Yesterdays update caused this, i guess.

• Regular
  • Dear,   As title describes, spotify is not starting properly. It is not loading or it freezes/crashes on startup.   Android 4.4.2 Xperia Z Yesterdays update caused this, i guess.
  • Rholk
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Music After Premium tTial

After my premium trial ends, will I be able to keep my downloaded music and listen to it offline?

• After my premium trial ends, will I be able to keep my downloaded music and listen to it offline?
  • smidny
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android Syncing Different Format From Desktop

My Galaxy Note 3 syncs my playlists by first letter of first word of a playlist by default now. I have my playlists alphabetized on desktop with the first letter of last name of an individual artist and with the first character of the group name. My ...

• Regular
  • My Galaxy Note 3 syncs my playlists by first letter of first word of a playlist by default now. I have my playlists alphabetized on desktop with the first letter of last name of an individual artist...
  • steveyb22602
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! login failed thru facebook on android

Hi just noticed that i cant login thru facebook on my android mobile device. all apps updated, tried logging manually using my facebook email and password getting message "Unable to login. either the username or password is incorrect". I can login th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi just noticed that i cant login thru facebook on my android mobile device. all apps updated, tried logging manually using my facebook email and password getting message "Unable to login. either the...
  • taba_2000
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks found on my desktop app, are missing on my andoid app.

Specifically "Faded by Zhu" . Looked it up on my desktop and added it to my playlist. But it didnt synchronize with my phone and when i looked for the song directly on my phone it was not even found. Has anyone encountered sth alike? its not a big pr...

• Casual Listener
  • Specifically "Faded by Zhu" . Looked it up on my desktop and added it to my playlist. But it didnt synchronize with my phone and when i looked for the song directly on my phone it was not even foun...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotfiy Connect Tablet has to be on

Hey! Why has my tablet turned on to be controlled by my smartphone (both android) and can not be in standby mode since the last app update? Greets

• Hey! Why has my tablet turned on to be controlled by my smartphone (both android) and can not be in standby mode since the last app update? Greets
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Top Feature Requests - Who's with me? ☺

Spotify feature requestsRepeat one songAdd album to EXISTING Play ListChange the order of songs on a Play ListTag albums and songs by Genre and add a Genre tab like Google All AccessSave a QueConnect with desktop app like mobile to mobile can do over...

• Roadie
  • Spotify feature requests Repeat one song Add album to EXISTING Play List Change the order of songs on a Play List Tag albums and songs by Genre and add a Genre tab like Google All Access Save ...
  • Joemommaspotify
  • Roadie
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • feature requests
    features
    requests
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

All my downloaded playlists disappeared?

So I finally got through the arseache of downloading the old spotify so I could sync playlists to my sd card and left my phone downloading all night, it was still going this morning, and then the phone ran out of battery. I switched it back on, logge...

• Casual Listener
  • So I finally got through the arseache of downloading the old spotify so I could sync playlists to my sd card and left my phone downloading all night, it was still going this morning, and then the pho...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't download playlists

Ive had spotify for some time and my sister and dad also use it. We had it synced to more than three devices so my kindle unsynced. When I went to redownload playlists it would only allow me to download new playlists, not the ones I had had on offlin...

• Ive had spotify for some time and my sister and dad also use it. We had it synced to more than three devices so my kindle unsynced. When I went to redownload playlists it would only allow me to downl...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing local files of songs that are now unavailable in the Spotify catalogue

I recently discovered that Spotify doesn't offer the full albums of The Cat Empire anymore in their catalogue - which is bad enough. I have one album (Live on Earth) on my computer as mp3 files, so I can still listen to these songs in Spotify. The pr...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently discovered that Spotify doesn't offer the full albums of The Cat Empire anymore in their catalogue - which is bad enough. I have one album (Live on Earth) on my computer as mp3 files, so...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes