Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

i cant download the app and my android is 2.3.4

My android should be compatible but it says I can't dowwnload I am very upset to not have my music at the moment

• My android should be compatible but it says I can't dowwnload I am very upset to not have my music at the moment
  • Andrews32
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What is spotify thinking...

Since the new update spotify is not working anymore for me. I am using a galaxy s5 and have been using spotify for a year now previously on a galaxy s3. For the record I am using the same data connection as with the old version and my phone works fin...

• Since the new update spotify is not working anymore for me. I am using a galaxy s5 and have been using spotify for a year now previously on a galaxy s3. For the record I am using the same data connec...
  • Andrews32
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nice work, you broke it again. Not working under restricted profiles under Android KitKat

I actually thought the Spotify issues were over with me but no. The idiotic forced update to the new app and the fact you cannot use the older version anymore did it again. So here we go again: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition with Android 4.4.2...

• Gig Goer
  • I actually thought the Spotify issues were over with me but no. The idiotic forced update to the new app and the fact you cannot use the older version anymore did it again.   So here we go a...
  • pmm_fin
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Should I delete some directory after upgrade?

HI, I upgraded to the new Spotify Music version. The first time I opened it dleted the old app, but I don't think it deleted the saved music on my SD card that is still using memory on it. Is there some directory or folder that I should delete manual...

• Music Fan
  • HI, I upgraded to the new Spotify Music version. The first time I opened it dleted the old app, but I don't think it deleted the saved music on my SD card that is still using memory on it. Is the...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! OSF / ZTE BLADE incompatible with Spotify Music???

OMG! I am suddenly prevented from using Spotify on phone completely now. Why did this suddenly have to happen?? I clicked download when prompted this morning, to download Spotify Music. Play Store is telling me my phone, an Orange San Francisco, is i...

• Casual Listener
  • OMG! I am suddenly prevented from using Spotify on phone completely now. Why did this suddenly have to happen??   I clicked download when prompted this morning, to download Spotify Music. Pl...
  • Andrews32
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Forces you to download new version - old offline files become unusable?

Who thought it would be a good idea to force users to download the new version, without being able to use old offline files?I just finished a 8 hour drive, that spotify ruined for me, due to the lack of music. I had 58GB of music that is still on the...

• Roadie
  • Who thought it would be a good idea to force users to download the new version, without being able to use old offline files? I just finished a 8 hour drive, that spotify ruined for me, due to the ...
  • Andrews32
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify not working after update (1.1.0.113)

After required update (1.1.0.113), Spotify doesn't work at all--it launches with a nearly blank screen, just a gray bar and icon in upper left corner. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled twice with no success. I'm using a ZTE Director. Any thoug...

• After required update (1.1.0.113), Spotify doesn't work at all--it launches with a nearly blank screen, just a  gray bar and icon in upper left corner.   I've uninstalled the app and re...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Offline Playlist Handling

Hi to all! Before the last update you have been able select from the filter menu the option "Show only offline content" under the playlist tab but now not. Why? it's absolutely annoying search for each offline playlist on all my folders every time wh...

• Regular
  • Hi to all!   Before the last update you have been able select from the filter menu the option "Show only offline content" under the playlist tab but now not. Why? it's absolutely annoying se...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium - Offline Playlist - Music jitters when phone is locked

Recently updated Spotify on my phone. When I lock My phone to listen to downloaded music with offline mode enabled or disabled, the music jitters (stops and starts). After reading some of your colleagues advice on the forums. I have cleared data and ...

• Regular
  •   Recently updated Spotify on my phone. When I lock My phone to listen to downloaded music with offline mode enabled or disabled, the music jitters (stops and starts). After reading some...
  • ralphus84
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

I can'get the new droid download for my phone

I went to the site.. But it says the app does not work for my phone for this version.. Not sure what is going on.. If anyone has a download link for the US please share.. I tired the UK version but i downloaded it and it still says not downloaded.. I...

• I went to the site.. But it says the app does not work for my phone for this version.. Not sure what is going on.. If anyone has a download link for the US please share.. I tired the UK version but i...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Thanks for ruining my day Spotify.

The forced upgrade, whatever, I can deal with that. The losing all my offline downloaded songs as well, and not being allowed to at the very least temporarily run the old version, WTF! I listen to Spotify offline all day at work since my data connect...

• Casual Listener
  • The forced upgrade, whatever, I can deal with that.  The losing all my offline downloaded songs as well, and not being allowed to at the very least temporarily run the old version, WTF!  ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 29 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! manually dowbloading app - lose downloaded music?

Hello,I had to manually download the Android app from m.spotify.com as I'm currently not in a country which has Spotify in its Google Play store.I saw there was a recent update and would like to install the new file from m.spotify.com. if I do this t...

• Hello, I had to manually download the Android app from m.spotify.com as I'm currently not in a country which has Spotify in its Google Play store. I saw there was a recent update and would like...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify app not compatible with Droid Maxx?

I updated my phone from a Droid Razr Maxx to a droid Maxx and tried downloading the Spotify app through Google Play, but it won't even come up through the search engine. Are we compatible? I'm a premium user and hope this annoyance is fixed soon. For...

• Casual Listener
  • I updated my phone from a Droid Razr Maxx to a droid Maxx and tried downloading the Spotify app through Google Play, but it won't even come up through the search engine. Are we compatible? I'm a prem...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify forced update, installed twice

Hi, I recently was forced to update Spotify on my sg-sI9300 (rooted, SOKP custom rom), after that it asked me to uninstall old version.... All was working fine until a couple of hours later I visited the play store and seen spotify wasn't installed.....

Screenshot_2014-05-30-00-50-49.png
  • Hi, I recently was forced to update Spotify on my sg-sI9300 (rooted, SOKP custom rom), after that it asked me to uninstall old version.... All was working fine until a couple of hours later I visited...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Device "full" after forced re-install

I have a samsung galaxy 2 1900 - I had to download the new spotify as it forced me to do so due to spotify's security breach. Now that I have the new app I cannot re-download my songs (which you are forcing me to do also) I just get a "this device is...

• I have a samsung galaxy 2 1900 - I had to download the new spotify as it forced me to do so due to spotify's security breach.   Now that I have the new app I cannot re-download my songs (whi...
  • endre
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Updated Spotify App for Android: Do I have to Re-download all downloaded playlists?

I just downloaded/replaced the new Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S3. It looks like all my previously downloaded playlists are not available offline anymore. Do I have to re-download all of them on the phone?

• Casual Listener
  • I just downloaded/replaced the new Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S3. It looks like all my previously downloaded playlists are not available offline anymore. Do I have to re-download all of them on...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Guiness Book of records: Largest amount of user data deleted remotely ever...

This may have gone unnoticed, but I am pretty confident Spotify set one or more new world records with the latest update: The largest amount of user data deleted remotely ever. The largest number of paid subscription users negatively impacted by a si...

• Roadie
  • This may have gone unnoticed, but I am pretty confident Spotify set one or more new world records with the latest update:   The largest amount of user data deleted remotely ever. The lar...
  • Andrews32
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Samsung galaxy s3 Spotify resets every 10 seconds

Every since the new appearance update, spotify has not worked on my phone. When i attempt to run spotify, it resets every 10 seconds. I have attempted the outlined reset method as posted on the forum with no luck. I have tried it at least 6 times usi...

• Casual Listener
  • Every since the new appearance update, spotify has not worked on my phone.   When i attempt to run spotify, it resets every 10 seconds. I have attempted the outlined reset method as post...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can I find uncensored albums on PC but not mobile?

The PC version has a reasonable path to find the uncensored versions of an album. That tells me that the application and Spotify are aware that there are multiple versions and on the mobile app it simply only displays the first result. This is pretty...

• The PC version has a reasonable path to find the uncensored versions of an album. That tells me that the application and Spotify are aware that there are multiple versions and on the mobile app it si...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app user guide

Is there a guide to all of the user settings on the Android app somewhere on Spotify's ludicrously unhelpful website or did they think it wasn't necessary to explain what any of the settings actually do?

• Music Fan
  • Is there a guide to all of the user settings on the Android app somewhere on Spotify's ludicrously unhelpful website or did they think it wasn't necessary to explain what any of the settings actually...
  • Andrews32
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes