Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to see previously downloaded music files in my account

How to see previously downloaded music files in my account

Hi there,

I previously and by a mistake, switched off the storage option in Android Application settings for Spotify. then application freezed. When I switched on again, It needed me to login to app again. When I do that, I can't see all archived(downloaded) music on spotify app.

I have already downloaded at least 5GB of musics previously and I have done that with same premium account. The songs are already on my device but in app I can not see them for Offline listening?

Is there a way to fix that. I am not a rookie user so If you can tell me I can try my best to make it work.

6 Replies

I'm afraid that, once the cache folder becomes disconnected from spotify, all you can do is redownload your offline music.

Ok then can you explain how may I should delete old downloaded music files. As they waste at least 5GB storage on my mobile device?

The only way to free space taken up by downloads you have "undownloaded" is to delete the cache folder by going to spotify's settings and selecting "delete cache and saved data" but this will remove all downloads and log you out of spotify.

Not an ideal situation, I know.

Ok so it is a **bleep** work with spotify. You need to improve that  processes

Why me? I have nothing to do with Spotify, just another user like you. Post in the ideas section although there's probably an existing topic on this so search first.

Actualy I did search and could not find a similar topic. So on I was thinking some one from Spotify team answered. So My question is still not answered if you are user like me. Thanks anyway for your time.

Suggested posts