Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Language setting on Spotify differs from Android

My Xperia is set to Danish but the language on the Spotify app is running Malayan. How can I set the language to Danish in the App?

• My Xperia is set to Danish but the language on the Spotify app is running Malayan. How can I set the language to Danish in the App?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy A5 spotify starts playing automatically

For some reason when playing music on my computer and pausing it for a longer time, it starts playing from my mobile device if spotify is turned on.

• For some reason when playing music on my computer and pausing it for a longer time, it starts playing from my mobile device if spotify is turned on.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Samsung S8 not updating track on lock screen

HeyI have two new issues on the Samsun S8 1) When Casting to Chromecast the artist details don't always update on the lock screen so I'm unable to forward a track etc.2) Then if I go into the phone to change a track in the Spotify app, it disconnects...

• Hey I have two new issues on the Samsun S8   1) When Casting to Chromecast the artist details don't always update on the lock screen so I'm unable to forward a track etc. 2) Then if I go int...
  • richf90
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play all playlist from a folder

Hi! In earlier versions I was able to play songs from all playlist I have sorted in a folder. This is now removed. Why? It is still there on my tablet and on the desktop. how can I get it back (in what version did you remove it so I can downgrade to ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi! In earlier versions I was able to play songs from all playlist I have sorted in a folder. This is now removed. Why? It is still there on my tablet and on the desktop. how can I get it back (in wh...
  • Hugol0l
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify does not rocognize my sd card

Help, my mobile (tplink neffos 5c) cannot recognize my sd card to migrate my offline mode songs. Just appears the phone memory two times.

• Help, my mobile (tplink neffos 5c) cannot recognize my sd card to migrate my offline mode songs. Just appears the phone memory two times.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify won't play songs

It keeps saying I need premium in order to shuffle play. **bleep**?

• It keeps saying I need premium in order to shuffle play. **bleep**?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Page Shuffle omits old albums, plays Popular 10 too often

I have a question. Does shuffle have a heavier bias toward more popular songs? Or am I just imagining it? I often put Regina Spektor's page on "Shuffle All". It seems like the tracks I get most are the more 'mainstream' or the albums' flagship songs....

• Regular
  • I have a question. Does shuffle have a heavier bias toward more popular songs? Or am I just imagining it?   I often put Regina Spektor's page on "Shuffle All". It seems like the tracks I get m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop Playing music of last album of Drake(?)

Hi, well i dont if im the only one, maybe it happens with other songs to you, but in my case is with Drake, i want to hear his last album and it starts play the songs good and then stop and all spotify frozen. Im premium, in my computer the same with...

• Hi, well i dont if im the only one, maybe it happens with other songs to you, but in my case is with Drake, i want to hear his last album and it starts play the songs good and then stop and all spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Not working

When i start the app it always signs me out,and makes me redowload my muisic, and a few minutes later it happens again.

• When i start the app it always signs me out,and makes me redowload my muisic, and a few minutes later it happens again.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Trouble

Not sure if this is due to the size of my playlist (Current 2,773) It tends to stick to the top of the list. I found that sometimes it will be a bit more diverse if I choose a song further down the list bit maybe one out of three times. Anything I ca...

• Not sure if this is due to the size of my playlist (Current 2,773)  It tends to stick to the top of the list. I found that sometimes it will be a bit more diverse if I choose a song further down...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Deleted songs

Spotify deleted 400 of my 500 songs in 'songs'How can I get back my songs without search for everyone new?Please help. Thx.

• Spotify deleted 400 of my 500 songs in 'songs' How can I get back my songs without search for everyone new? Please help.   Thx.
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Picture on Profile

I have a Samsung j7 prime android 6.0.1 I can not enable the album cover on the lock screen as the background photo. Please solve my problem. Only the player stays, but nothing from the album as wallpaper.

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung j7 prime android 6.0.1 I can not enable the album cover on the lock screen as the background photo. Please solve my problem. Only the player stays, but nothing from the album as wall...
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android 7.1.1 Recommended Song list refreshes when I add song

Hello guysI have a One Plus 3T with Android 7.1.1 and when I want to add a number to my Saved Numbers with the Add shortcut in Recommend Numbers, the whole list refreshes with new music. I think that I just discovered a bug. Can anyone help me?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello guys I have a One Plus 3T with Android 7.1.1 and when I want to add a number to my Saved Numbers with the Add shortcut in Recommend Numbers, the whole list refreshes with new music. I think th...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Musicas com Estalos

Alguem com problemas na reprodução de músicas, pois o meu no momento se encontra com uns estalos enquanto a musica toca.Aconteceu isso depois que atualizou para última versão.Alguem com solução??

• Regular
  • Alguem com problemas na reprodução de músicas, pois o meu no momento se encontra com uns estalos enquanto a musica toca. Aconteceu isso depois que atualizou para última versão. Alguem com solução??
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists/albums don't play the songs on the playlist/album selected.

When I attempt to play a playlist or album one or a couple of the songs will play correctly, then all when the next song should play it jumps randomly to a different playlist, album, or genre completely. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, re...

• When I attempt to play a playlist or album one or a couple of the songs will play correctly, then all when the next song should play it jumps randomly to a different playlist, album, or genre complet...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Updated App now.not connect at all

I have updated spotify app on my samsung galaxy and now it doesnet connect at all....i have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it....turned phone on and off....still no luck....please help!

• Casual Listener
  • I have updated spotify app on my samsung galaxy and now it doesnet connect at all....i have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it....turned phone on and off....still no luck....please help!
  • Graybar80
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify closes when I pause a song

Everytime a pause a song the app closes and I have to open it again to keep listening the song or pass to the next one. Please help!

• Everytime a pause a song the app closes and I have to open it again to keep listening the song or pass to the next one. Please help! 😞
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Androind Background Data

I recently realized that Spotify was consuming way more data than it used to (I stopped using Spotify for like two monts then reactivated my premium acount a month ago) so I went to my settings and saw the backgound data was usin 3x what the foregoru...

• I recently realized that Spotify was consuming way more data than it used to (I stopped using Spotify for like two monts then reactivated my premium acount a month ago) so I went to my settings and s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    background data
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Atualizacao do app e importacao de musica

Depois que atualizei e adquiri o plano familiar premium nao achei a opcao de importar musicas do meu android,como devo proceder?

• Depois que atualizei e adquiri o plano familiar premium nao achei a opcao de importar musicas do meu android,como devo proceder?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stopping between each song

When I listen on my phone with my new bluetooth beadphones (platronic Backbeat Pro 2) the playlist stops at the end of each song. The phone display still shows that it is playing but I have to skip to the next song to get it to start playing again.

• When I listen on my phone with my new bluetooth beadphones (platronic Backbeat Pro 2)  the playlist stops at the end of each song.  The phone display still shows that it is playing but I ha...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes