How to store offline music on the external SD card on andriod

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: How to store offline music on the external SD card on andriod

Thank you so much. It's the most easy option.

Highlighted

It worked for me creating the folder directly in the external SD, thanks!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yep same here..with new technology I feel it should be easy to manage storage directions ….but I am learning that unless you have an awesome data plan ..better have a good amount of internal storage on the device itself..otherwise it seems to be a continual dead end in where unless you know a lot about file systems you best be satisfied with the status quo.. Trying to root..or any other workaround could be more of a risk than in the grand scheme worth it    just my thought on the issue ..I don't like it either but I would as well hate to jeopardize my tablet for the sake of a few more GB of music..I mean really ..how much of the millions of tunes can I listen to at once anyway 

Highlighted

Thanks very much for this. I have a Samsung J5 and this worked for me. Not sure how you came across this fix, but thank you

Casual Listener
Just make sure you have an Android/data/com.spotify.music folder on your external SD card. Once this folder exists, a new option Storage is available on Spotify Settings. There you can swith to SD Card. Worked for me on Adroid 5.0.
Highlighted

it doenst work i have a motorola moto g 3rd edition

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Have you try to restart your smartphone?

Highlighted

I am using Samsung Galaxy s5 with an external micro SD (128gb) nstalled. My issue is that everytime I restart the device the contents of storage are transferred back to my device and I lose everything that I've downloaded for offline use. This is extremely frustrating when you've paid for the premium service. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Highlighted

After downloading my library several times to the SD card of my Galaxy K and finding it always deleted shortly after, I canceled my Spotyfy Premium subscription. PS: Yes, I reinstalled several times, changed the SD card, and deleted all traces of previous installations.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hello,

I did the same, but when downloading again the folder is re/created again on the phone memory!?

I have a samsung s4mini   SD card 32G, 25G available...

Please who could help, this becomes anoying.....

SUGGESTED POSTS