Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cannot play online tracks I press play and stop immediately

Solved!

I cannot play online tracks I press play and stop immediately

I am unable to play any tracks while online. if I press play it stops right away. I have to press repeatedly to connect. I have tried this on several devices including iPods and androids and PC same result. offline works okay.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@justinthoward wrote:

I'm having this exact same problem.

I press play, and it starts, but then immediately pauses. If I tap the play button repeatedly, I can hear the song play sort of. It is definitely conncted and working, the app is just forcing it to pause for some unknown reason.

I thought the problem might have been that I was still logged in on my girlfriends phone (sometimes I login to my account on hers if my phone is dead) but Spotify Connect shows no other devices are connected except my own. I also tried the "log out on all devices" feature from my desktop, but that did not work. I have also tried using spotify offline, doing a full reinstall, and doing a hard restart on my phone, but the problem persists.

I'm not sure what else to try at this point.

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You say this is the same on all your devices? Is it on WiFi & mobile data?

Android Troubleshooting:

I press play, and it starts, but then immediately pauses. If I tap the play button repeatedly, I can hear the song play sort of. It is definitely conncted and working, the app is just forcing it to pause for some unknown reason.

I thought the problem might have been that I was still logged in on my girlfriends phone (sometimes I login to my account on hers if my phone is dead) but Spotify Connect shows no other devices are connected except my own. I also tried the "log out on all devices" feature from my desktop, but that did not work. I have also tried using spotify offline, doing a full reinstall, and doing a hard restart on my phone, but the problem persists.

Marked as solution

@justinthoward wrote:

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

Thanks! I will try that!

I contacted support and they seem to have fixed my problem. The tech support guy is Matt. Maybe reference him for quicker response

Suggested posts