Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cant open albums

I cant open albums

Plan

Free

Country

Device

Samsung galaxy  A3 (2017)

Operating Android

My Question or Issue

my question is that whenever i go to open up an album it wont let me i click on the list of songs under the artist name and nothing happens.Its not like some other people ive seen on here where itgoes to a blank screen just nothings happening. Itworks whenever i go onto playlists but just not artists or albums. Ive attatched some pictures to show what i mean. ive tried reinstalling the app and alsovlearing cache but nothing works. the pictures ive attached show what it looks like when i open playlists and also the screen before that and thats the one im stuck on

Screenshot_20200826-153047_Spotify[1].jpg
Screenshot_20200826-153103_Spotify[1].jpg
7 Replies

Hey there @James926,

Thank you for your post. We're happy to help with information about this.

We can see that you've mentioned that you're on the free version.

To be able to open albums and pick songs from it directly from your phone you need to be a Premium user.

On mobile there are a few so called ''Pick and Play'' playlist that allow you to see the tracks in a list, so that's why you're able to see some of tracks but not all.

Note: you can still do that directly from the web player and the desktop app as a user on our free version.

We hope the information above was helpful. If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

1. Are spotify going to put it back in because another post on here got way over 500 likes and there's been no reply and it really is difficult to use now and makes it way harder to discover people and that is what made spotify so good and popular so please consider pitting it back to the way it was before for so long 

Hi @James926

I used to be a Spotify Free user once, and I I didn't know why.you can't open albums anyone. But i can now solve your problem. You need Spotify Premium to be able to open the track view of an album.

Thanks for reading.

From @LittleLeopard16 💎

Hey there @James926

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Also, it looks like other people feel the same way. It's well worth giving it a vote to show your support here. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

1. That post already has over 500 likes and spotify have said that this is the necessary amount of likes it needs to be looked into and the reply from spotify has been the same for well before it had the necessary 500 likes. It's making the app really hard to use for discovering music which is why a lot of people like spotify. I get that in a free users and I'm fine with not bieng able to pick songs and having ads but not bieng able to open an album is making everything so much harder to use 

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

Rest assured that we're passing on the feedback in this idea It's a great idea to subscribe to the thread if you haven't already so you won't miss out any updates from us when we have them.

You check out to and find more info on the process here.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Sorry, don't really know how all this works. Does that mean that it will probably be put back in?

Suggested posts