Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm unable to cast to Chromecast

I'm unable to cast to Chromecast

Hi, I've just come across this issue, as it used to work perfectly until now. When I try to cast music from Spotify in my Galaxy Note 3, Chromecast is detected but does not connect. All I can see on the TV is the Spotify splashscreen for a few seconds, like it's trying to connect, but then it returns to the home screen. I've rebooted both Chromecast (even reset to factory settings) and the wi-fi router, with no help. The Chromecast firmware is 1.20.66189 and the Spotify is version 6.2.0.1028 armV7 (the latest available in Play Store, as I just deleted and reinstalled it as well). Youtube, casting from Chrome... all else works. I've just tried with my wife's phone and she just registered now, so no premium account or anything, and it works fine! Help please? Thanks!
5 Replies

Just tested it, and even with my account it works from my wife's phone, any ideas please?

I created a dummy account on my phone and still no luck, but then I logged in to my normal account and now it works, weird... but problem solved for the moment.

Hi, the issue is there again, it came back after I downloaded my songs, and can't seem to get it to work again. I've discovered something however... If I set up  my account on my wife's phone, it connects correctly, and then from my own phone I can control it, send it to the laptop, back to chromecast... anything I want. It is that "first connection" that I'm unable to establish from my own phone.

Hi,

Is this a problem that only occurs when you are trying to cast Spotify? 
Can you try to cast a YouTube clip from your phone for example?

Often my phone has connection issues (not necessarily spotify-related), and trying to connect through another app often fixes the issue. After casting a YouTube clip, retry Spotify.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards,

Thomas

Hi, all other applications work perfectly, Youtube, Chrome... everything
else works without a flaw.

Suggested posts