Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I only use offline playlists on my phone, but still data usage.

I only use offline playlists on my phone, but still data usage.

I have a HTC One X and I use Spotify a lot. Every I travel about 3 hours with the train. And because I have only 1000 mb per month to use, I decided to use offline playlists I download on wifi in the morning or the evening before.

Yesterday I saw I was using a lot of data for some reason. Two days into the new month I already got over 100 mb. And that's weird. I tried to figure out what the culprit was and saw it was Spotify, using almost 50 mb. And I can't figure out what is causing this. My account is hooked up to Last.fm but I think that's not it. This morning I checked the usage again before I boarded the train and after I got out I checked it again. And what did I see? 15 mb in a hour, while listening to offline playlists. And in the meantime, I didnt do anything else but just listen to music.

I can turn spotify offline, but I want the stats to be uploaded to last.fm so I can get new recommendations. But when I keep doing this for the rest of the month (using spotify) that's another 20 days with 30 mb per day. That's 600 mb....

What's causing this usage? Anybody with some idea's?

2 Replies

Hi,

unfortunately the only option right now is to use offline mode - I'm genuinely surprised more people haven't complained about this. Please add your vote and comment to this thread so Spotify can keep an idea on how many people this is affecting: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Spotify-Android-app-using-a-LOT-of-data-on-3G/td-p/46...
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thank you for your answer. Im kinda shocked how many people have the same problem.... Very weird and very unwanted.

Suggested posts