Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I rearrange tracks in my playlist but they jumps back to their former place.

I rearrange tracks in my playlist but they jumps back to their former place.

I use my PC to rearrange the tracks in my playlist but for some reason they don't remain in their new position but jumps back their former place. Very annoying.

When I compare the same playlist in my android samsung and PC the tracknumber i different. Android says 845 tracks and PC says 827 songs. Is it a problem with android and PC syncing?

I having trouble with my largest playlist. "Reggae Ska Gunga" I want favourits on top, then fast ones, regular ones and sleep mode at the and. Now I have some Eek-a-mouse songs that are regular stuck in the fast section.

What to do? I want the tracks to be exactly where I place them until I decide to rearrange them again.

Kind regards/ Rosanna
Screenshot_2017-04-07-05-55-56.png
8 Replies

Hello @Wantafire, thanks for posting! 

You can do it. 

Just scroll all the way up in the playlist. In right (next to the filter) you'll see a menu for sorting options. Click on it and choose - Custom  

"Android says 845 tracks and PC says 827 songs" - About this, you maybe have turned off the option "Show unplayable songs in playlist" in your settings on the desktop app

SortingAndroid.png

Hope this helps ; )

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey. No, it did not help. My phone and computer does'nt sync like they should. I spent a lot of time putting my tracks in the right order like I wanted them using my PC. My Android phone refused to adapt the new order. Instead it kept the old order and today when I looked at my playlist on my PC, dispate my effort, all tracks were rearranged back to the old order. All my work gone. This is really frustrating. I spent hours on this! I want my new order back! Why can't I change the order permanantly? Why is it impossible to get the order I want to stay put? What's wrong??! Pleace help, me. I think this is something I can't fix myself. I think it's some kind of bug.

Kind but sad regards/ R
20170417_221533.jpg
Screenshot_2017-04-17-22-14-49.png

This is the old order. I don' want this order! Thats why I rearranged it.
20170418_231344.jpg

Hey back @Wantafire

This doesn't sound quite right, let's try some troubleshooting steps 

• Clear the cache and data on your mobile app (you should find this option in your settings page) 
  • Log out and log back in the app 
  • If still no success, a fresh new install of Spotify, it's most likely to fix this, as it sounds like a glitch, where your playlist just doesn't get the update, as in the desktop version, so in situations like this, it's better to give the app a fresh new start : ) 
MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I think the only way you'll get the order you want on your android is to copy and paste all the re-ordered tracks into a new playlist using the desktop client. Once done, you can delete the original playlist.

Hello again.I've already tried everything you suggest. I reinstalled Spotify on my Android phone 3 days ago. It diden't work. Is it any way I can get back the order I had on my PC one day ago? Its hard so sort 845 tracks. It takes forever...and to have it ruined 1 day later is devastating.

Thank you but thats impossible thanks to the fact that the new order is gone now. I can't place them right on the first try. I have to listen and then relisten severel times and compare tracks to see what phase and intensity they have since that's part of how I sort them. I've been able to rearrange the trackorder in my playlist before. Just the other day I rearranged another playlist succesfully. It's just this one playlist that I can't rearrange.

Would this web site help at all? It seems you can sort playlists using various Echo Nest attributes.

Suggested posts