Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I want to save my music to my sd card

I want to save my music to my sd card

sorry but please be patient with me I am new to Spotify I have tried to download music to my SD card on my android phone in settings I have it set to sd card but when I go to the sd card in my file manager there is no music on it thanks
2 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community!

I'll do my best to explain what is happening 🙂

Spotify downloads songs and podcasts for offline listening in the form of Spotify cache. Those are special files that only the Spotify app itself can read. It's different than normal .mp3 song files. This is why you don't see any song files on your SD card when you open it with the file manager.

You can click the Download button on any playlist/ album or podcast episode to download it for offline listening. When you go to an area without internet access, you can switch on Offline mode from the Settings menu (Gear icon). This way you can play your downloaded songs with Spotify even if you don't have internet access. You can learn more here.

You can refer to the Support page or the Community FAQ if you have more questions about how the app works 🙂

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify encodes its music with DRM protection. If users want to download Spotify music and save it on an external SD card, they must first unlock the DRM. You can first use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to convert Spotify music to MP3, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, WAV and so on. After that it's easy to store Spotify music to SD card.

Suggested posts