Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Pixel 6 Pro

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

I was listening to my mixtape 5 (~metal) on one day for a while, stopped playback and did not use spotify until a day later, when i continued playback on the same phone.
Expected:
Spotify continues playback where it left of and continues playing the same playlist (mixtape 5, metal themed)

Actual:

Spotify continued playing the song that was half-way done and afterwards started playing mixtape 5, childrens stories.
Probably my listening to mixtape 5 on the first day "promoted" it to mixtape 4 and demoted mixtape 4 to be mixtape 5, which it then took the next song from after finishing the song in progress.

It would be great to either notify clients about this playlist switch or have them not play "mixtape in position 5" but rather a mixtape by id.

1 Reply

Hey @Cirrus0,

Thank you for taking the time to post this detailed information here in the Community. Apologies for the late reply, we've just come across this thread.

It's expected behavior since the daily mixes change day to day and it's possible that such changes happen. Here you can find more about Spotify Mixes. 

We also appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we'll make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up to date with the latest version, so you don't miss out any important fixes or features.

Hope this clear things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts