Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[ISSUE] Unable to Go Offline or Change Settings

[ISSUE] Unable to Go Offline or Change Settings

Hi,

I'm using Spotify for Android w/ Premium subscription (always with the latest version available in Play Store)

The problem I'm facing now is that I'm unable to go Offline or Change any option under settings, and also I'm seeing a message above saying "PLAYBACK (NOT AVAILABLE WHEN LISTENING ON ANOTHER DEVICE)"

Thing is that there's no other device playing music, plus I disconnected from my profile any other device and still shows this.

The only workaround I've found was following a new random playlist and that will let me go offline, but once I go online again, the issue re-appears.

Is there any solution to this? It's really annoying to have to follow a random playlist each time I want to change something or go offline under settings tab.

Spotify SettingsSpotify Settings

5 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks, but I already did that and it didn't work.
In fact even the Spotify Support doesn't know how to help (they seem they don't know their own app)

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here. They should be able to look into your account settings on the server and see if there's anything blocking it.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

Actually before you do that...

Can you go to www.spotify.com/account and change your password. Now click the button 'sign out of everywhere' and then log back in on your phone and see if the issues is still happening?

Android Troubleshooting:

I solved it by getting into de Beta program and installing the Beta version... :S

About resetting password it doesn't work... every time I receive the reset e-mail, go to the web and try any password, it says it cannot apply it (and it removed the one that was already working). the only way is by signing in using facebook (which is a problem because I have to install and uninstall facebook app from my devices to sign in)

Suggested posts