Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android - songs stop playing intermittently

Hi i am using a galaxy s6 on android and ive been having some problems lately with playback. I have premium and offline playlists but even with the offline playlists the songs cut in and out all the time. It starts when i open other apps but even whe...

• Hi i am using a galaxy s6 on android and ive been having some problems lately with playback. I have premium and offline playlists but even with the offline playlists the songs cut in and out all the ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect does not work

I have a Pioneer Vsx-830 receiver and Im having problem using this with Spotify on both Andriod and Ipad since last week. On my device I get The option to connect to Vsx-830 but when I connect it just say "connecting" for a few seconds then nothing h...

• I have a Pioneer Vsx-830 receiver and Im having problem using this with Spotify on both Andriod and Ipad since last week. On my device I get The option to connect to Vsx-830 but when I connect it jus...
  • madbri
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify Conect
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Library got deleted

I've been having this issue randomly with my Sasmung Galaxy S4 mini. I use spotify on my laptop, tablet and phone. My tablet and phone have different albums saved for offline listening. I also sign in to spotify on school computers.The offline librar...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having this issue randomly with my Sasmung Galaxy S4 mini. I use spotify on my laptop, tablet and phone. My tablet and phone have different albums saved for offline listening. I also sign i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Huge "Shuffle play" button haunting me.

I've been using Spotify for as long as I can remember. The huge green "shuffle play" button that appears on almost every screen should be removed. I have never used spotify-free on the phone but I feel like I pay for the privilege to not have that **...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using Spotify for as long as I can remember. The huge green "shuffle play" button that appears on almost every screen should be removed. I have never used spotify-free on the phone but I fe...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't synchronize VD tracks on Android app

Device: Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Operating System Version: Android Spotify Version: 49.0.992 Description: Dear all,Since I update the app on my smartphone, I can't see the tracks that I imported from my PC to my smartphone. When I click on them, I have...

• Device: Sony Xperia Z3 Compact   Operating System Version: Android   Spotify Version: 49.0.992   Description: Dear all, Since I update the app on my smartphone, I can't see the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Queue needs a update!

I know this has been asked and suggested before, but I can't find any solutions. The play queue in Spotify needs an update badly. I've had Spotify for a little while now. A paid customer. I can't seem to find a simple way to add an album to the play ...

• Casual Listener
  • I know this has been asked and suggested before, but I can't find any solutions. The play queue in Spotify needs an update badly.    I've had Spotify for a little while now. A paid custom...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs keep starting and stopping in playlists online and offline

I have a Samsung S6 and I pay for the premium. I play songs from the playlists I've created and they are always starting and stopping every few seconds. They are all saved as offline playlists so should be able to play online as well as offline. Can ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung S6 and I pay for the premium. I play songs from the playlists I've created and they are always starting and stopping every few seconds. They are all saved as offline playlists so sho...
  • tugcepinar
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4G
    Playback problem
    Playlists
    s6
    Samsung
    starting
    stopping
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is my phone compatible with Spotify?

Spotify should get along happily with most Android devices on the market running the v2.3 'Gingerbread' firmware. For later devices, try installing the Preview version of the new Android app, available at http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/ - t...

• Community Legend
  • Spotify should get along happily with most Android devices on the market running the v2.3 'Gingerbread' firmware.   For later devices, try installing the Preview version of the new Android a...
  • Joannajoanna12
  • Casual Listener
  • 86 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 86 replies
  • 4 likes

My Spotify thinks I'm abroad

I set up Spotify while in New Zealand but now am living in England so it won't let me log on as you can only use Spotify abroad for two weeks

• Casual Listener
  • I set up Spotify while in New Zealand but now am living in England so it won't let me log on as you can only use Spotify abroad for two weeks
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify says I'm offline and I'm not (tried everything to fix)

No songs will play, I cant even click a song to play and I have full internet connection.I followed the steps and cleared data, uninstalled app, restart my phone, install app again, retrieve username and change password.My phone is up to date their a...

• No songs will play, I cant even click a song to play and I have full internet connection. I followed the steps and cleared data, uninstalled app, restart my phone, install app again, retrieve userna...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot play songs non-stop from my playlist. Freezes after playing 2 songs ( Samsung galaxy S7 edge)

Hi, I have been using spotify on a samsung galaxy S4 without any issues. Now, I just upgraded my phone to a samsung galaxy s7 edge and I am running into this issue. My playlist does not play non-stop. For some reason it will stop playing after playin...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi,          I have been using spotify on a samsung galaxy S4 without any issues. Now, I just upgraded my phone to a samsung galaxy s7 edge and I am running into th...
  • vstrfrmufo
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Chromecast private session?

Hi there,Streaming Spotify to my chromecast audio and I'd like to enable a private session but the option to do so is unavailable and greyed out.Anyway to enable a private session whilst chromecast audio streaming?Cheers all

• Music Fan
  • Hi there, Streaming Spotify to my chromecast audio and I'd like to enable a private session but the option to do so is unavailable and greyed out. Anyway to enable a private session whilst chro...
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Chromecast Android
    chromecast audio
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes

Solved!! Does a weak wi fi signal affect offline playlists?

I have set up a playlist at work and set it to offline. I noticed that the whole playlist was not available. I could see the songs but they were highlighted with the green arrow. I then turned off the offline and hoped the wi fi signal would allow fo...

• Casual Listener
  • I have set up a playlist at work and set it to offline. I noticed that the whole playlist was not available. I could see the songs but they were highlighted with the green arrow. I then turned off th...
  • laurasnyder_
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems downloading songs

Hi! I hope someone can help me with that. (Sorry about my English).I get a 32gb sd card to my Galaxy Note 3. I have 4 playlist in my account which I want to download and play offline. Two of them (over 600 songs) download at all, but hours after, I e...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I hope someone can help me with that. (Sorry about my English). I get a 32gb sd card to my Galaxy Note 3. I have 4 playlist in my account which I want to download and play offline. Two of them...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • download playlist
    downloaded music
    Downloaded tracks
    downloads issues
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist : lecture sans son

Bonjour, J'utilise toujours mon spotify en mode hors connexion, de ce fait je télécharge en hors ligne toutes mes playlists. Dans les préférences, je suis en lecture continue et fondu enchaîné à 2 secondes. Je suis évidemment en spotify premium, et j...

• Bonjour,   J'utilise toujours mon spotify en mode hors connexion, de ce fait je télécharge en hors ligne toutes mes playlists. Dans les préférences, je suis en lecture continue et fondu enchaî...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Save Music on sd-card

Hey guys, im currently struggling with the Problem trat i am not able to save my Music on the Sd-card, just on my Phone. If i try to convert the files to the sd-card it always "Has a problem"I have a Sony Xperia m4 if that helps.Trank you!:)

• Hey guys, im currently struggling with the Problem trat i am not able to save my Music on the Sd-card, just on my Phone. If i try to convert the files to the sd-card it always "Has a problem" I have...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting tracks in playlists on Android.

It's ridiculous that Spotify doesn't care what the users want. I've seen multiple threads about this issue over several years, and still this feature is missing from Android. How do we push spotify to add this feature to Android? If Spotify doesn't c

• <p>It's ridiculous that Spotify doesn't care what the users want. I've seen multiple threads about this issue over several years, and still this feature is missing from Android. How do we push ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't undownload

So on my old phone I had over 2000 songs on Spotify and a lot of it was downloaded for offline but some of it wasn't so that they only played online. I got a new phone and just downloaded everything at once for times sake and would just undownload th...

• Casual Listener
  • So on my old phone I had over 2000 songs on Spotify and a lot of it was downloaded for offline but some of it wasn't so that they only played online. I got a new phone and just downloaded everything ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops sometimes in premium

Hello, i have samsung galaxy a5, when i play in my premium spotify through bluethoot on android 5, after some songs playing, it stops, and the only way to continue playing is to put on my screen, go to spotify app and pull play button, what is the pr...

• Hello, i have samsung galaxy a5, when i play in my premium spotify through bluethoot on android 5, after some songs playing, it stops, and the only way to continue playing is to put on my screen, go ...
  • Metamora
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast audio keeps stopping

Until a few weeks ago I was loving using Spotify via Chromecast audio. But an update some point seems to have ruined it. If one scrolls through a couple of songs it shows as playing but no sound. Often have to then stop casting via the Chromecast app...

• Regular
  • Until a few weeks ago I was loving using Spotify via Chromecast audio. But an update some point seems to have ruined it. If one scrolls through a couple of songs it shows as playing but no sound. Oft...
  • Sparkytwo
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes