Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound from spotify app on android

Apparently not a new issue, but I could'n't find any suggestions that helped med. Spotify is playing on my HTC one V for many months now, but then suddenly; Song progress bar is moving but NO SOUND. Have tried: 1) Restarting app. 2) Restarting phone....

• Casual Listener
  • Apparently not a new issue, but I could'n't find any suggestions that helped med.   Spotify is playing on my HTC one V for many months now, but then suddenly; Song progress bar is moving but...
  • rachelstanek
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Is My Tablet Compatible For Spotify Free?

I have recently purchased an Octa Core 16GB Android Tablet PC (PolaTab), mainly for another purpose, but decided to install Spotify Free, which I also have (problem free) on my other 2 devices. When it downloads, itonly seems to go to 88% and then go...

• Casual Listener
  • I have recently purchased an Octa Core 16GB Android Tablet PC (PolaTab), mainly for another purpose, but decided to install Spotify Free, which I also have (problem free) on my other 2 devices. &nbs...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Detected low storage space

How can you get the Detected low storage space notification to go away? I have pressed the ok button on the bottom of the notice but it won't disappear so that I can change my storage problems within the app. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it...

• Casual Listener
  • How can you get the Detected low storage space notification to go away? I have pressed the ok button on the bottom of the notice but it won't disappear so that I can change my storage problems within...
  • Whitlow
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs going silent

Hello, I´ve been experienced this issue for a whilewhile playing through my songs randomly, the next track would be silent. The play bar would continue to scroll, but no sound. The track would play fine if the play bar is moved back to the start or j...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I´ve been experienced this issue for a while while playing through my songs randomly, the next track would be silent. The play bar would continue to scroll, but no sound. The tr...
  • hanrandr
  • Gig Goer
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes

Tablet crashed - playlists lost forever?

I've compiled songs on my Android tablet that's now broken - is there any way I can at least see my playlists so I can buy the songs I miss most

• Visitor
  • I've compiled songs on my Android tablet that's now broken - is there any way I can at least see my playlists so I can buy the songs I miss most 😞
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Newbie with offline listening queries

I'm planning to get Spotify Premium but have a few questions I've not been able to get answers to. (1) If I'm running Spotify on a Samsung S5 Mini and a Windows 10 Tablet do I need to download music on each to listen offline? (2) Can I move the downl...

• I'm planning to get Spotify Premium but have a few questions I've not been able to get answers to.   (1) If I'm running Spotify on a Samsung S5 Mini and a Windows 10 Tablet do I need to downlo...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files on mobile devices

I have downloaded music. I want this music playable offline on my mobile device. Its in "local files" on my vomputer. I have made a playlist for the mixtapes i want, set it to offline mode on my computer and on my phone. The devices are on the same W...

• Casual Listener
  • ...omputer and on my phone. The devices are on the same WIFI, i even tried connecting mobile to pc using micro usb. Both spotify entries in my win-firewall is accepted private and public.  There s...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Help
    Local files for Spotify Mobile
    Samsung
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I get offline playlists onto phones micro sd card?

I have done it before on my previous phone but have had no success for the past 5 hours trying to get my playlists on the same micro sd card on my new phone(Polaroid Link A5 Android 4.4.2, not rooted etc.). I deleted everything off of it before putti...

• I have done it before on my previous phone but have had no success for the past 5 hours trying to get my playlists on the same micro sd card on my new phone(Polaroid Link A5 Android 4.4.2, not rooted...
  • martinjh99
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Track order

OK this maybe the dumb question of the day but I couldnt find a solution. I am using the android mobile app (if that makes a difference)I search and find an album. I click into the album. How do I play the album in sequential track order as the album...

• Roadie
  • OK this maybe the dumb question of the day but I couldnt find a solution. I am using the android mobile app (if that makes a difference) I search and find an album. I click into the album. How do ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No Spotify after Z5 Android 6.0 upgrade Spotify 4.8.1004

Today I got "automatically" updated to Android 6.0 on Sony Xperia Z5 (Android 6.0 > Core ver. 3.10.84-perf-g19d6d92 Buildnr.32.1.A.1.163) and PROBLEM = Spotify (ver.4.8.1004) ) DOES NOT START and leaves system message "No Storage Area Found-Check the...

• Regular
  • Today I got "automatically" updated to Android 6.0 on Sony Xperia Z5 (Android 6.0 > Core ver. 3.10.84-perf-g19d6d92 Buildnr.32.1.A.1.163) and PROBLEM = Spotify (ver.4.8.1004) ) DOES NOT START and ...
  • torkp
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

All tracks greyed out

Hi, I recently redownloaded spotify on my android again and I went to listen to some music, I cannot access a single song, it only allows me to play songs if I use the shuffle play button but I cannot access any other songs on spotify? I got premium ...

• Hi,   I recently redownloaded spotify on my android again and I went to listen to some music, I cannot access a single song, it only allows me to play songs if I use the shuffle play button bu...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stop playing

Helo everyone, first of all im apologize if my redaction isn´t to clear. My problem is that when i use my spotify in my OPPO N1 and Blackberry Z10 the music stop playin after two songs and i have to enter spotify to put play again , it's really annoy...

• Helo everyone, first of all im apologize if my redaction isn´t to clear.   My problem is that when i use my spotify in my OPPO N1 and Blackberry Z10 the music stop playin after two songs and i...
  • LovesToDance
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Please help.....

Hi all So I have installed Spotify on my tablet - been with the service for long time, I love it! Usually premium but on free at the moment.... BUT.... I just keep getting the message that Spotify is not responding should I wait, close etc. There is ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi all So I have installed Spotify on my tablet - been with the service for long time, I love it! Usually premium but on free at the moment.... BUT.... I just keep getting the message that Sp...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music quality

Hi, I recently noticed a downgrade in the music quality. Extreme quality is set on my settings but it's not even close to hifi music which previously I wasnt able to notice. The quality is bad I'd rather say.Is there anything I can do to remedy the p...

• Hi, I recently noticed a downgrade in the music quality. Extreme quality is set on my settings but it's not even close to hifi music which previously I wasnt able to notice. The quality is bad I'd ra...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • music quality
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

play local file

I have some mp3 on my android. How can i merge those file to spotify playlist hence i can play my own song and spoify sony?

• I have some mp3 on my android. How can i merge those file to spotify playlist hence i can play my own song and spoify sony?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Extremely slow startup.

Android Version 4.4.2, Spotify Version 4.8.0.1004. I think its trying to update all the playlists, I have a ton off them. Sometimes a startup takes a few minutes, even after rebooting. Kinda hard to fix when I'm driving. Tried switching to offline mo...

• Roadie
  • Android Version 4.4.2, Spotify Version 4.8.0.1004.      I think its trying to update all the playlists, I have a ton off them.  Sometimes a startup takes a few minutes, even a...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium unlimited?

Hello.I'm new here and I will like to know if being a premium user you have unlimited download? or is there a limit to download?

• Hello. I'm new here and I will like to know if being a premium user you have unlimited download? or is there a limit to download?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Available offline error!!!!

All my available offline downloads have been removed... THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!! I spend massive amounts on data to ensure I can play these songs whenever I want... so I'm expected to just download them all again? Not happening, not on my dollar.

• All my available offline downloads have been removed... THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!! I spend massive amounts on data to ensure I can play these songs whenever I want... so I'm expected to just download t...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Adds in premium

Hi, I would really like to know why i still have adds as premium user. I log off and back in as was sugested somewhere but it didnt help. Thanks for help.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I would really like to know why i still have adds as premium user. I log off and back in as was sugested somewhere but it didnt help.    Thanks for help.
  • saphirro
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung S6 edge, music stops after about 10 minutes

Hey guys, I'm curious to know why my music stops about about 10 minutes of locking my phone. When it stops the option on the lock screen to resume or skip are also gone, it's like the app has shut down and needs me to re open it to let it know I'm st...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, I'm curious to know why my music stops about about 10 minutes of locking my phone. When it stops the option on the lock screen to resume or skip are also gone, it's like the app has shut do...
  • chabobie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes