Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Imported iTunes Playlist - most tracks greyed out.

Solved!

Imported iTunes Playlist - most tracks greyed out.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (UK), Android 7.1.1 (fully up to date).

Spotify version: 8.4.35.152 armV7

I recently switched from Apple Music to Spotify Premium. I imported a 1600+ song iTunes playlist into the Windows 10 spotify app and everything was showing up fine on the app on my Android phone and I downloaded all the tracks so I had a local copy.

Had some issues with the phone last weekend so I did a full factory reset. Noticed after setting back up that a lot of tracks were greyed out in the Spotify playlist, before the factory reset only one song had been unavailable. I can't play these tracks, download or remove them (see first screenshot). I did have a look and saw other posts where the answer was the track was not available in a country, however I could search for the track and play fine so I know that was not the cause.

Just followed the support article for reinstalling the app, however that's made things even worse. Now only the tracks I re-added can be played or downloaded in the playlist (see second screen for comparison). I've gone from being able to play and download 1600+ songs downloaded and playable when I first installed the app to 29 now.

Tried another reinstall, no joy. Checked my MacBook Pro where no music is saved locally and the playlist works fine so I know it is not my account. I've signed out of Spotify on all other devices except for my phone and restarted the app, still no joy. Restarted my phone, no change. 

Other than either manually setting the playlist back up by searching in Spotify and adding the tracks (which still doesn't solve the problem of all the greyed out tracks that can't be removed), or factory resetting my phone again, I'm at a loss to think of anything else I can try. As both of these are fairly time consuming fixes I thought I'd see if anyone had any other suggestions?

Screenshot_20180111-224234.jpg
Screenshot_20180111-225156.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Inadvertently fixed it.

New playlist had a mix of Spotify tracks and some local files, the local files were also greyed out so made a test playlist on my PC and just put 5 local files in to test and my original playlist started downloading all the songs again.

Seems counter intuitive to me.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

One thing I forgot to add, I've also gone into the settings on my app and cleared data and cache from there as well.

Also I've just checked and I do have a small playlist I created a few years back before I bought Premium and that is fine, all my other imported iTunes playlists have the same issue though but only on the Note 8

Marked as solution

Inadvertently fixed it.

New playlist had a mix of Spotify tracks and some local files, the local files were also greyed out so made a test playlist on my PC and just put 5 local files in to test and my original playlist started downloading all the songs again.

Seems counter intuitive to me.

Suggested posts