Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Impossible to use car controls with spotify when using bluetooth

Impossible to use car controls with spotify when using bluetooth

Hi!

First things first:

My car: Lexus CT200h

My phone: Huawei Honor 3C with Android 4.4.2 (latest version possible)

My problem:

So my phone is paired with my car with bluetooth. I use it as a music player. When I use spotify, the sound works just fine but I just can't get any information about artist name, track etc... AND I can't use my car conctrols (play,pause,next and previous) to control the app. Every single other music player that I tried (Huawei **bleep**ty integrated music player, power map and even SoundCloud) works JUST FINE.

What I tried:

A2DP, AutoAudio, Resetting everything in my car... NOTHING works.

This is very very very very annoying... Is there ANYWAY I can get past this problem? 

5 Replies

guys please...

Do you have a headset controller app on your device such as JAYS? These can block the signal getting through.

Have you tried a clean install of the Spotify app? Use the guide linked in my signature for details on how to do this fully.

You could also try the below app to see if that helps?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anticsoft.autoaudio&hl=en

And lastly, just as an FYI - it works fine with my HTC One M9 and the BMW Professional Media pack.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you for trying to help me!

I have no app such as JAYS that could block the signal. And IMO that wouldn't make sense as it works just fine with soundcloud and the default music player.

I already tried AutoAudio and it didn't work.

The only thing left for me to try is the clean install... I'll do it when I have time but honestly I'm not too confident this will work.

This issue is making me seriously think about eventuelly updating my phone to a honor 5 or a honor 7...

Try a clean install, it may be that some other app has stolen the hook into the A2DP libs.... a clean install may reinstate this for the Spotify app.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Just so you know, it doesn't work for me and it never has, first install of app, other apps work... so probably a regression issue since another thread from a while back is saying the same thing, a thread I think you posted in so I wonder why you are posting here like you don't know about it... 😕

Android 4.4.4 phone paired with pioneer avh-p8400bh deck... OS wont upgrade so don't bother suggesting it.  Another thread mentioned version roll back worked for some so I will start trying that but thought I would post here.

This service is included with my phone plan but if I had to pay for it I would probably be a little pissed right now... just saying...

Suggested posts