Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Incorrect song, or no song, plays from search results containing local files

Incorrect song, or no song, plays from search results containing local files

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Description

Incorrect song, or no song, plays from search results containing local files. If a song is played, the played song is on a row offset by the number of local files returned at the top of the results.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

1. In the Android app, sync a playlist containing local files over wifi from Spotify Windows desktop
  2. In the Android app, do a search where one or more of the local files are returned; these are returned at the top of the list. Select “See all songs”
  3. Problem 1: In the search results, tap on a local file to play it; the tapped file does not play. Instead, another file plays, which is the first in the search results that is not a local file.
  4. Problem 2: Tapping on a file that is not a local file plays a song further down the list; the position in the list of the file played is the position of the tapped file plus the number of local files at the top of the search results.
  5. Problem 3: In the search results, press and hold one of the local files; a popup appears showing the name of the song and the spinning green “waiting” circle, and then an error message appears saying “Go online to see menu”
  6. Close Spotify and turn off wifi.
  7. Problem 4: Restart Spotify and run a search to return local files as above, and select “See all songs.” No songs will play at all, not even ones on an incorrect row.

Example:

Purchase the Molly Rankin She EP album online; this EP contains six songs. Load the MP3 files into Spotify Windows desktop, and create a playlist with these six files.

With wifi turned on, open Spotify Android, open the Molly Rankin She EP playlist, and select “Available Offline.” Wait for the songs to download.

Do a music search for “rankin” and note that all four tracks in the “SONGS” section are from the Molly Rankin She EP, and they cannot be played.

Select “See all songs”

Note that the top six songs are the local files from the Molly Rankin She EP.

Note that tapping any song, either in the Molly Rankin EP or below it, plays a song six rows below the tapped row.

Close Spotify and turn off wifi.

Restart Spotify and run a search on “rankin” as above, and select “See all songs.” No songs will play at all, not even ones on an incorrect row. This error eventually changes back into the first error of the incorrect song playing, but I don’t know when or what causes it.

What I expected to happen

When I tapped a song in the search results, I expected the song I tapped to play, not a song below the one I tapped and not no song at all.

When I pressed and held a local-file song, I expected an option menu for that song, not an error message about going online. 

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes, and before that I deleted Spotify data and cache, uninstalled Spotify, made sure there was no com.spotify.music folder in my data directory, and reinstalled Spofity.

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Device’s Operating System

Android 4.4.2

What type of account do you have?

Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

Space left on your device

14.33 GB of 32.00 GB

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

25.27 GB of 29.27 GB

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Sometimes closing Spotify and turning off wifi will make the problem worse, i.e., no songs at all will play from search results containing local files. Playing a song from another playlist or search will usually make the problem go back to the original problem.

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

I can make it occur using both wifi and cellular

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

0.9.15.27.g87efe634

My mobile provider and country

T-Mobile USA

My username

xstranac

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

Yes

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Spotify login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

Attached

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

Rankin_search.jpg
Rankin_press_and_hold.png
0 Replies

Suggested posts