Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is 'Remove from this playlist' no longer available from the song card menu?

Is 'Remove from this playlist' no longer available from the song card menu?

I recently upgraded phones (Samsung S22) and noticed that a feature I use a lot, the "Remove from this playlist" option is missing from the song card/canvas/whatever you call the popup with the album art, scrub bar, and lyrics. It was avaliable on my old phone (iPhone 6 Plus) and it was super convenient for purging my master playlist with over 1400 songs. Is it really gone from that menu? Do I really have to dig through/search my playlist and find the song that way in order to remove in now? Or am I just missing it?

Screenshots below are the same menu from the two different phones. 

Screenshot_20220424-064303_Spotify.jpg
IMG_5545-1.png
1 Reply

Hi @SimpleSatyri,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Just to confirm, are you trying to remove a song from a playlist that was created by you (keep in mind that you can't remove songs of playlists you're following, unless you have permissions given by the user whose playlist belongs to (collaborative))?

If so, we recommend running a clean reinstall on your device to get rid of any cached files that might be causing issues. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

Once you do this, restart your phone, log back in and tell us if you can see that option again (remove from this playlist).

We'll be waiting for your reply. 

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts