Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Connect - volume and timeline greyed out on Windows when playing through Android

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiBasso DX300 and Samsung S2 tabletOperating SystemAndroid 7 and 9, Win10 My Question or IssueWhen controlling on Win10 and playing through Android the volume and timeline sliders are greyed out. I think they worked before. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iBasso DX300 and Samsung S2 tablet Operating System Android 7 and 9, Win10   My Question or Issue When controlling on Win10 and playing through Android t...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Connect
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

FireTV Spotify connect name change??

I have 3 FireTV Stick with the Spotify app.. All FireTV stick have the same Spotify connect name... How can i change this???

• Casual Listener
  • I have 3 FireTV Stick with the Spotify app..   All FireTV stick have the same Spotify connect name...   How can i change this???
  • jonengland
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Mobile network downloads despite disabling app option

Plan: Premium FamilyCountry: GermanyDevice: Mi Mix 2S (unrooted, unlocked bootloader) Android 10 QKQ basedOS: MIUI 12.0.3 global stable My Question or Issue I disabled the setting "download via mobile network" but for the second month the app kills m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Family Country: Germany Device: Mi Mix 2S (unrooted, unlocked bootloader) Android 10 QKQ based OS: MIUI 12.0.3 global stable   My Question or Issue  ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast goes backwards when casting

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePixel 5 (used to be the same on Pixel 4A) with Google Home or Home MiniOperating SystemAndroid 10/11 My Question or IssueSometimes (not always) when casting a podcast from phone to device the forward 15 seconds button actual...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device Pixel 5 (used to be the same on Pixel 4A) with Google Home or Home Mini Operating System Android 10/11   My Question or Issue Sometimes (not alwa...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Connect

Problem with connect on Android and pcFrom Android a can control playlist's, progress bar ia deactivatePlanPremiumCountryRussiaDevice(Samsung Galaxy 9)Operating System(Android Oreo, Windows 10) 

Screenshot_20210912-143243_Spotify.jpg
  • Problem with connect on Android and pc From Android a can control playlist's, progress bar ia deactivate Plan Premium Country Russia Device (Samsung Galaxy 9) Operating System (Android ...
  • Novy
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution More than 80 percent of the songs does not play.

Hello I am using Android on a Huawei 20 P Lite. I have downloaded the lastest version of Spotify. When I go to my Library, and select the playlists to download, I keep seeing a revolving circle, meaning it is still downloading. When I go, to say, a p...

• Music Fan
  •   Hello I am using Android on a Huawei 20 P Lite.  I have downloaded the lastest version of Spotify. When I go to my Library, and select the playlists to download, I keep seeing a revolvin...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I have a problem with the App for Android, it stops the music all the time.

Always, while i'm listening my music it stops several times, making the app too slow and not reacting for the buttoms, the same when i want to search an artist or any song in the search bar, i've uninstalled 3 times and is the same. And the other pro...

• Always, while i'm listening my music it stops several times, making the app too slow and not reacting for the buttoms, the same when i want to search an artist or any song in the search bar, i've uni...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Library is empty, can't listen to music

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceHuawei Honor 9Operating SystemHonor EMUI 9.1.0, Android 9 Spotify Version8.6.60.1126 My Question or Issue Hello, over the last day or so, my library on my mobile spotify app has gone completely empty & all my playlists ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device Huawei Honor 9 Operating System Honor EMUI 9.1.0, Android 9 Spotify Version 8.6.60.1126   My Question or Issue   Hello, over the last day o...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Missing account

I use Facebook to login in my account, and today when I have tried to do it, the app asked me to do a new account, I tried login again but is like I never had a account.

• I use Facebook to login in my account, and today when I have tried to do it, the app asked me to do a new account, I tried login again but is like I never had a account. 😔
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Syncing Local files between Desktop and Android

PlanPremium FamilyCountryIsraelDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 10 LiteOperating SystemAndroid 11, Windows 10My Question or IssueI was looking for a specific song on Spotify, I couldn't find it and I had it on a CD so I exported the file to my Desktop and a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country Israel Device Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite Operating System Android 11, Windows 10 My Question or Issue I was looking for a specific song on Spotify, I couldn't fi...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't log in because it says username and pw does not exist

PlanFamilyCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid 8 My Question or IssueHello,I resently bought a smartphone and installed the spotify app. Wenn i try to logg in, it says that the combination of account and pw does not exisit - t...

• Plan Family Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android 8   My Question or Issue Hello, I resently bought a smartphone and installed the spotify app. Wenn i try ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy Watch 4 current track doesn't update when skipping forward

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceGalaxy Watch 4 with Galaxy S20 phoneOperating SystemWear OS My Question or IssueThe currently playing track doesn't update when I skip forward tracks on my watch.Scenario details:Play music on Spotify on my phoneTap musi...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Galaxy Watch 4 with Galaxy S20 phone Operating System Wear OS   My Question or Issue The currently playing track doesn't update when I skip forward t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Galaxy Watch 4
    Samsung
    WearOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't see lyrics with my spotify account

I have Premium account since last year and the new function "lyrics" is not visible for me, I tried with my account in other cellphone and it's the same issue, I don't know if it is something with the app, my account or what. I really want to see thi...

• I have Premium account since last year and the new function "lyrics" is not visible for me, I tried with my account in other cellphone and it's the same issue, I don't know if it is something with th...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Android
    lyrics
    Premium
  • 13 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "Cannot queue this content" for artist Stray Kids in all platforms (phone, tablet, web app)

(Premium, Canada. Phone is Android, Galaxy S9+, latest version) I cannot play any content from Stray Kids as of yesterday when Spotify crashed on a particular song on my phone. I didn't get the song title cuz... well, it crashed. Since then, when I c...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ontent". If I try to listen to the artist "Radio" none of their songs play, but other artists will play. Can't play any of their songs in public playlists. Even in my own playlist or downloaded content....
  • chris_tsang
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Top recommendations are all podcasts

Using the Android app, all my top recommendations are podcasts. This is very frustrating as I don't listen to podcasts with this app. This has to be a bug as I avoid listening to podcasts, and previously my recommendations were all music. After accid...

• Casual Listener
  • Using the Android app, all my top recommendations are podcasts. This is very frustrating as I don't listen to podcasts with this app. This has to be a bug as I avoid listening to podcasts, and previo...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution spotify connect buttons partially working

.PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevice(Samsung Galaxy 8, Macbook Pro 2018)Operating SystemAndroid 9, latest available updateiOS 11.5.2, latest available update My Question or IssueI am controlling spotify on my Mac through my phone.Some control buttons work...

• Casual Listener
  • . Plan Premium Country France Device (Samsung Galaxy 8, Macbook Pro 2018) Operating System Android 9, latest available update iOS 11.5.2, latest available update   My Question or Issu...
  • Novy
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Saving an album doesn't add songs to "Liked Songs"

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note8Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssuePreviously, I would save albums that I liked, then I would go into my songs and shuffle play all of them. The most recent update changed this to 'Liked S...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Samsung Galaxy Note8 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Previously, I would save albums that I liked, then I would go into my songs a...
  • xMeow
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 9 likes

Liked albums not showing up in liked songs

HiI've got a recent issue whereby when I like an album, the songs in the album no longer show up in "liked songs". Instead, I have to go to my liked albums to find the songs in the album. Until recently, anytime I would like an album, all the songs i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I've got a recent issue whereby when I like an album, the songs in the album no longer show up in "liked songs". Instead, I have to go to my liked albums to find the songs in the album. Until rec...
  • dwdking
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesn't allow me to listen to Linkin Park in Turkey.

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 7, laptop Lenovo G580Operating SystemAndroid 10, Windows 10, 11My IssueI love Linkin Park a lot but cannot listen to their songs for almost a year. I live in Turkey. First, I thought there's a problem w...

• Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, laptop Lenovo G580 Operating System Android 10, Windows 10, 11 My Issue I love Linkin Park a lot but cannot listen to their so...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Automatically organizing playlists..

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueSeems like one of the new "features" of spotify is automatically reorganizing the order of yo...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Seems l...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes