Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there an actual solution to Spotify stopping after almost every track?

Is there an actual solution to Spotify stopping after almost every track?

It's a darn shame.  I am obviously not the only one having this problem.  I have been using MOG for over a year and am hoping to switch to Spotify because I like their interface better, and they have a slightly bigger catalog.  I have been using the free version but was planning to start paying if all went well. 

It did not.  I have ongoing problems with Spotify shutting down for no apparent reason, on both my Droid Razr Maxx and my Galaxy 2014 note.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared data, cleared cache, etc, etc.  Sometimes it works for awhile, giving me hope, other times (like today) it turns off after every song played.  There seems to be no pattern.  Tough to get a workout in when I have to stop and reboot the app every 3 or 4 minutes.

In all my time using MOG, this was NEVER a problem, and I never had to do any of the stuff above.  I really hope Spotify gets with the program because they have potentially a great thing going.  Until then, they will get no $ from me.

12 Replies

Welcome!

A couple of questions. You said Spotify 'shuts down'. Do you mean it stops playing music during or after a song is finished and won't play the next song or is Spotify quitting?

Usually the whole app just quits at the end of a song. Sometimes it just stops playing. I haven't seen it stop in the middle of the song. Sometimes I feel like maybe the ads aren't loading and that is causing it perhaps?

Are you using any thing like an auto task killer or cache cleaner? It's also worth checking your settings for wifi optimisation and "keep wifi on during sleep".

I do have a task killer. I will turn it off and see what happens. Was never a problem with MOG or Pandora.

Didn't work but thanks anyway.

Hi Betheriver,

Do you receive an error message from your phone that spotify has crashed or quit after playing a song? Do you find that it stops or quits playing when you are not connected to a wifi network?

What version of Android and Spotify are you running?

Thanks

Hey all,

I'm having the same problem.  I'm using a Samsung S4.  From my playlist, it plays 1 song then stops.  I open the phone and find that Spotify was shut down.  I know it must be spotify related, becuase right away I open Pandora and have no problem.  My preference is to continue working out a solution with Spotify.  I have un-installed it 2x.

Spotify version: 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3

Android version 4.2.2

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

o2

I'm using the latest version of Spotify and android 4.3. I have no problems with mog, pandora, or any other music service so I'm sure it's a Spotify thing.
When it quits the program just closes. No crash report.

Also I'm having the problem regardless of if I'm connected to wife or 3g.

Oops I meant wifi, not wife!

Spotify,

We need to hear from you soon, otherwise we are all heading for the hills.

o2

@o24urcm This is an unofficial support forum. If you want direct involvement from spotify staff, you can always use the contact form. In the meantime, could you try turning off any equalisers including the spotify audio effects and see if that helps.

Suggested posts