Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't load Facebook login on Galaxy S2

Solved!

Won't load Facebook login on Galaxy S2

Description

I am a Premium account holder and was using Spotify on my phone problem free for the last year or so but suddenly today it asked me to login and when I try to sign in through Facebook it won't load a login screen, it just tells me it can't find the page. I've tried on 2 different wi-fi connections and on network data to load the login page and nothing so it isn't a connection issue on my end. I then uninstalled and re-installed spotify (following the troubleshooting guide) and still nothing. Any idea on how to make this work? Using it on my phone is the sole reason I purchase premium so if it's not resolved I'll have to cancel.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

(We need to know what you are doing so we can do the exact same to try and get the same error)

Open Spotify

Selected to Login through Facebook

Loads a standard Webpage not available screen

What I expected to happen

I expected to be able to login through Facebook

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Galaxy S2

What type of account do you have?

Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

Space left on your device

6 GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

6GB

Is your device rooted?

No?

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No?

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

My mobile Spotify version

My mobile provider and country

o2 UK

My username

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

No

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Facebook login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

I could take one of the Web Page Not Avaialble screen but it's literally the standard one you get so I doubt it'll be on any help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Could you just try reinstalling the facebook app and make sure it works then try spotify again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Could you just try reinstalling the facebook app and make sure it works then try spotify again.

Just tried that thanks but I now recieve this message (attached) when I attempt to login to Spotify through Facebook

SC20140102-194854.png

Just restarted phone after re-installing both apps and it works now. Thank you.

Great news - enjoy your music 🙂

Suggested posts