Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is this Normal

Solved!

Is this Normal

I am new to Spotify from MOG and have questions regarding the normal operation of the Android App.  For reference I do have the Premium subscription.

Playlist Playback:  Is default order playback possible instead of Shuffle playback?  Sometimes I dont mind shuffle and prefer it, but sometimes a playlist was created with a specific order intended.

Album Playback: I am intending to listen to a complete album.  I am able to find it and queue it for playback.  During that listening session, it plays relatively normally.  When I pause the track and do other things, like work during the day, then come back to the application, the currently playing song is there and returns to normal playback when the play button is pushed, but all of the remaining tracks are no longer in the play queue.  I am not sure if it is related, but the track advance button is visible but grey and non responsive when playback resumes.

Thanks in advance, and if additional details regarding my phone are needed, let me know.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi and welcome to Spotify.

Firstly, to play in the order shown on screen just select the first track of a playlist and all other tracks will folllow. Ignore the big green button.

Secondly, correct. Spotify will only retain memory of the current track, not the playlist/album listing. You will have to eaither restart the playlist (from the track you were currently on). Or if playing an album press the menu (the 3 horizontal dots on the 'now playing' screen and select 'album' to be able to start playing the ablum again.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi and welcome to Spotify.

Firstly, to play in the order shown on screen just select the first track of a playlist and all other tracks will folllow. Ignore the big green button.

Secondly, correct. Spotify will only retain memory of the current track, not the playlist/album listing. You will have to eaither restart the playlist (from the track you were currently on). Or if playing an album press the menu (the 3 horizontal dots on the 'now playing' screen and select 'album' to be able to start playing the ablum again.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will try these suggestions.

Suggested posts