Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with Beats Solo Pro headphones + Spotify app + Samsung Galaxy20 FE

Issues with Beats Solo Pro headphones + Spotify app + Samsung Galaxy20 FE

I used to have an LG G6 (model # LG-H873) smart phone. I used Spotify on this phone with my Beats Solo Pro headphones (model # A1881) without issue. In February, I got a Samsung Galaxy20 FE phone (model number SM-G781W) and tried Spotify with my Beats headphones. There’s a feature on the headphones where you can double tap and hold the headphone’s main button (or triple tap to rewind) to scan forward when listening to a song or podcast. Since getting my new Samsung phone, I have never been able to scan forward or rewind content on Spotify.

Troubleshooting I’ve done:

-updated Spotify (version 8.6.70.1102)

-updated the firmware on the headphones

-uninstalled/reinstalled Spotify; logged in and out of Spotify

-cleared the cache

-Allowed Spotify all permissions; also allowed notifications

-on my old LG 6G phone, I updated to the current version (8.6.70.1102) AND THE SKIPPING AHEAD FEATURE WORKS PERFECTLY – NO ISSUES.

-Connected my Beats headphones to my husband’s Samsung Galaxy Note9 (model # SM-N960W) and experience THE SAME ISSUE – CANNOT SKIP AHEAD

-Downloaded the Samsung Music app and the Wondery podcast app AND THE SKIPPING AHEAD FEATURE WORKS PERFECTLY – NO ISSUES.

-Contacted Spotify (chat) and the person removed corrupted devices on my account (?) and I logged out/in to Spotify and of course this didn’t fix the issue. The person offered no other help.

-Used Spotify on different mobile WIFI networks

-Extensive google searching and couldn’t find anyone else with this issue.

I’m a Canadian user with a Premium (student) account.

My phone is out of access when I’m working, and therefore, I have to listen to podcast ads, cannot rewind podcasts, and I’m paying for premium.

I’ve lost all hope but would be so happy if someone could help resolve this. PLEASE!

0 Replies

Suggested posts