Premium
Country
Romania
Device
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Operating System
Android 9

My Question or Issue
So what's been happening since the last update (version 8.6.24.918) I've been experiencing some problems with streaming songs and clicking on playlists/arstists. I asked my friends and some of them have also been experiencing this same issue only on their android devices. My PC is running windows and using the same account I don't encounter this issues.
Basically, if I want to play ,for eg. my playlist A, I click on it and it keeps loading but nothing happens. No matter how much I wait it just doesn't load. Then I click on playlist B, let's say this playlist worked. Then I click on the specific song I wanna play, or even shuffle, the songs are "playing", the timer bar doesn't move so it's stuck on 00:00/xx:xx, I can't hear anything and again, it doesn't load.
I have tried reinstalling, deleting cache and data and relogging, sometimes it did work with relogging, sometimes it didn't.
Some songs work, some don't, some playlists/artists I can check, some I cannot. You got the idea.
Thank you for your time!

Screenshot_20210511-155946_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210511-160158_Spotify.jpg
1 Reply

Hi @DumnezeulThau

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, could you try with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Also, it's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts