Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song plays, stops mid-way, then switches to radio

Song plays, stops mid-way, then switches to radio

For the past few months, I'll open a playlist and select a song and it will play.  Then about 20-seconds into the song, it'll suddenly stop and switch to the radio.  This happens whether I select a specific song or select "Shuffle". 

Sometimes, I can go back and re-select a song and it'll play, but every blue moon, the problem will occur 3 or 4 times before stopping.  It primarily happens when I haven't opened the app in a few hours. 

Even more strange, even songs I've downloaded to my device have this same issue.

I've done a clean install of the app and it'll often work correctly for a week before the problem returns. 

Subscription: Premium
Device: Samsung SS9

7 Replies

Hi there @theonlybuster,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We suggest following the steps in this article to secure your account. If this behavior persists afterwards, can you let us know if it also happens in any other devices where you use the app?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Sadly this did not work.
I've changed the password and signed out of all devices before only signing back in on my phone. Right after the password change things appear to be working as expected. But the following day, the problem returns. I've attempted this 3x over the past week.

Hi there @theonlybuster,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you log in with a different account on the device - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Sorry, no updates as of yet.

I've been watching my email like a hawk these past few days.  Literally every time I change my password and sign out everywhere, hours later if not over night, someone accesses my account.  To be clear, I'm using absolutely unique and strong passwords, most of which only exist in my head.  This has been almost daily. 

In the most recent instance, I used a friend's computer and signed out everywhere, then quickly changed the password but did not sign back in.  A few hours later, I get an email stating that someone in Germany has logged into my account.  It's seemingly as if someone is compromising Spotify's servers. 

Hey @theonlybuster,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

In this case, we suggest that you follow the instructions under the Lost anything? section of the article @CarlosE sent previously so our Support team can take a look at your account and help you with this.

We're always a post away in case you have any questions.

Cheers.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Reached out to customer support.  After explaining the situation, they advised that I change the email linked to the account, followed by signing out all accounts, then resetting the password. 

I've just completed that, so now I'm going to give it a few days to see if this helps things. 

Hi @theonlybuster

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know that.

We're glad to hear that our Support team could help you with this issue. 

If you ever need anything else, we're just a post away.

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts