Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Jams - glitching when others edit the queue

Jams - glitching when others edit the queue

I am experimenting with the "Jam" feature. I love it - but whenever anyone touches the queue, the song playing glitches for a microsecond. It happens when people add songs from their phones. Really annoying. If it's an active jam its unlistenable.

Anyone else experiencing this?

3 Replies

I'm having the same problem. I'm doing a Jam with one other person, we both have Androids and the most up to date version of the Spotify app. If I host, I don't have any glitching, if she hosts, she doesn't have any glitching. But if you're not hosting (or starting) the jam, you get constant glitching, especially when someone is editing the queue in any way. I found that having my Crossfade on made it worse, so I turned that off. I tried restarting my app and uninstalling and reinstalling. It still glitches if you join a jam. Sounds like a skipping CD

Also, forgot to mention, this is a remote jam, we are in different places using different Bluetooth connections. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out!
Could you please do one complete clean reinstall of the app as shown here?

If the issue persists afterwards, we'd like you to share with us the following details:

1. The device models of both you and your Jam buddy
  2. The OS versions installed on the devices
  3. Your current Spotify app versions

Also, if you're using any VPN services, I'd recommend switching them off or excluding Spotify to see if that would make a difference.
Many thanks!

@oldmadandthesea @chroni 

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts