Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

KEF LSX wifi speakers no more detected

KEF LSX wifi speakers no more detected

None of the below information is required. 

Plan

Premium Spotify 8.5.1.734

Country

France

Device

Samsung A8

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

hi all

I have a KEF LSX wifi speakers that worked like a charm with Spotify ... Till last Spotify update ๐Ÿ˜ฃ done on my Android phone.

Now my speakers are no more detected whatever the action I do (restart speakers and/or Spotify, start/stop wifi ...).

Issue is not at speaker or wifi level because when using Spotify (an older version) on my iPad it works perfectly.

Please not that once done, Spotify on my mobile is then able to detect the speakers !!

Please fix this issue that prevent user enjoying his equipment

11 Replies

The same happens with my iphone and LS50 wireless

Having the same problem as of today - worked fine until then. Not recognising the speakers as a device at all. 

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

First, we'd recommend making sure of the following:

• All devices need to be on the same WiFi network in order to show up on the Spotify Connect picker.
  • All devicesโ€™ software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturers for how to update the version software. 

If you haven't already, we'd recommend rebooting all your devices and giving it another try to see if that helps.

On another note, @Ndelucin, you mention that your Spotify version is currently 8.5.1.734. Just to confirm, does this issue persist after updating the app on the latest version on your device? You can follow the steps in this support site article to do so. 

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Finally I've discovered that if I am in off-line mode with spotify app eg. on iphone, the wireless speakers are not visible among airplay devices, so I can play them only via bluetooth. If I want to use wifi and airplay (which gives much better sound quality), I have to switch to online mode in the spotify app.

I have the same Problem on my iPhone. The App always worked well, but since yesterday, i cant connect to my wifi speakers anymore. I checked everything, but it wont work. I installed the App about 10 Times. Evers times it is installed and i Open it the First Time, the speakers are Shown in the List and i can connect them. I Close the app, Open it again and Try to connect. But now the list is empty... no matter how often i reboot it. I Hope you can help me Greets Mark

Make sure you have the offline mode unchecked in the spotify app settings. Regards, Piotr

Hi. The offline-button is unchecked. I install the App and everything works... i close the app and Start it again without changing any Setting: no wifi speakers anymore ๐Ÿ˜”

same issue here in the Netherlands

I am using a Oneplus 6, with the KEF lsx. And the same issue, i cannot find the speakers by using wifi. And after many times trying and it is connected, spotify stops playing after a few songs. Bluetooth is the only option.

KEF control app version 2.5.28

Thanks for the answer Katerina, but that is a typical corporate answer. The users did not change anything, only Spotify app got updated. WiFi settings are still the same, kef lsx worked fine until Spotify did an update. And still I need to contact Kef? Doesn't seem a fair advice to point to someone else right.

Hey @thedweezil99,

What device does this issue occur with? Is it with your computer? If so, you might be experiencing this ongoing issue that's currently being looked into by our tech teams. We'll keep everyone posted in there as soon as we have any new info to share, so feel free to check it out and share the requested details to aid us in the investigation.

If you're willing to tinker around, here are a couple of things you can try out:

Try with another device, if possible, (a friend's or a relative's device would do) to see if your speakers would show up there. You can also create a hotspot from another device and connect yours to it to see if that does the trick.

It's worth rebooting your router (if you haven't already) to give it a fresh start, as it may help here. In case the issue persists across multiple devices, try editing your network settings in the KEF app by disabling DHCP and altering the DNS to one of Google's public DNS' listed below:

In case you don't see such settings in the KEF app, you can try these in your router instead.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts