Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep Spotify playing when closing all apps in task switcher?

Keep Spotify playing when closing all apps in task switcher?

Hi,

All the previous music players I used before switching to Spotify (eg. Google Music, Poweramp) had this 'feature' where I went to the task switcher and closed all the recent apps, they kept playing music with the icon in the notification area and everything. I liked it since most of the time I wanted to exit all my recent apps and just keep listening to music.

I noticed that Spotify stops playing automatically when I hit the exit all apps button and removes the icon from the notification area, too, ie completely shuts down along with all the apps. 

Is there a way to prevent this from happening and set Spotify to never close unless I stop the music and swipe the player controller in the notification area away?

Many thanks in advance!

Erik (Samsung S7, Marshmallow)

63 Replies

Most Android phones don't have that feature. It's added by the phone manufacturer. Also it doesn't appear you're running Android Pie (not saying everyone is but that's the latest one and if there would be an OS fix it wouldn't be in an older version) since your apps are a vertical stack instead of horizontal cards

Sorry, didn't work.

Forget it... so many people are having the same problem for a year and a half now, I'll go back to iTunes.

What didn't work ?

Suggested posts