Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep getting Cannot play this offline when I download

Keep getting Cannot play this offline when I download

I tried to download some podcasts today, but when I click on the download button, I keep getting an error saying that I won't be able to play it offline. I've never had this issue before. I've tried turning the phone on and off and trying to log out and back in again with no success. What can I do?

1 Reply

Hey there @kattifjeld

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

In case restarting your phone didn't help with the issue when downloading a podcast we can recommend performing a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the Spotify app. This will make sure you start afresh with Spotify on any device. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall depending on the affected device. Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music.   

If you still can't download the podcast after the clean reinstall would you mind sending us a screenshot showing the error message you get? Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. Make sure the screenshot doesn’t show any sensitive info such as payment or personal data.  

We'll look out for your reply. 

Suggested posts