Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep getting "Upgrade now!" message when I hit shuffle

Solved!

Keep getting "Upgrade now!" message when I hit shuffle

I've been using spotify free on android since August and I've been using it on my laptop since for years. Never had any problems with either. This morning I went to use it on mobile and when I hit shuffle play, like I always do, a message popped up saying "Upgrade to Premium now to play free music everywhere". I didn't have to hit anything to make it go away - it just left on it's own and then came back every time I hit shuffle play. I tried logging out and logging back in, but that did absolutely nothing. What's going on?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Nevermind, I figured out out. At least, it works again.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I figured out what was wrong. I paused an ad that was playing last night. The software was waiting for me to finishing playing/watching the ad.

Once I pressed play on the ad, and it completed, my shuffled music continue to play without a problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

*ad-free
Marked as solution

Nevermind, I figured out out. At least, it works again.

How did you resolve this? I'm getting the same thing.

Marked as solution

I figured out what was wrong. I paused an ad that was playing last night. The software was waiting for me to finishing playing/watching the ad.

Once I pressed play on the ad, and it completed, my shuffled music continue to play without a problem.

Suggested posts