Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kindle Fire HD - No Browsing Curated Playlists, Discover..

Solved!

Kindle Fire HD - No Browsing Curated Playlists, Discover..

The recent update ( a few months ago) for Spotify that gives us browsing capabilities and curated playlists...as well as the "Discover" section........this is not on the Kindle Fire version? Anyone else see the same?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Guys, the best solution to use the most current Spotify experience is to remove the Kindle version from your Fire and install the standard Android Spotify app from the One Mobile Android market or somewhere else.

Remove the Kindle version from the Kindle AND from the cloud (this are 2 clicks), then everything works fine. The Android version is working perfectly on my Kindle Fire HDX without all the errors of the Kindle version (and it has all the current features).

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I have seen similar reports in the past, what version is Spotify on kindle fire? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

0.5.8.27 it says...

I'd love to get a response from Spotify as to why the Amazon AppStore version is insanely behind what is in the Google Play store.  I don't get it as Kindle Fire OS literally is just Android.

Root your Fire and install the Play Store. Profit. 😉

Hi everyone. I've been chasing this up for you.

We are working on an update for the Kindle Fire, hopefully there'll be more news soon!

In the meantime only listen to Godspeed You Black Emperor.

Marked as solution

Guys, the best solution to use the most current Spotify experience is to remove the Kindle version from your Fire and install the standard Android Spotify app from the One Mobile Android market or somewhere else.

Remove the Kindle version from the Kindle AND from the cloud (this are 2 clicks), then everything works fine. The Android version is working perfectly on my Kindle Fire HDX without all the errors of the Kindle version (and it has all the current features).

Suggested posts