Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kitkat default Storage analyser treats cache on external SD card as Internal Storage

Kitkat default Storage analyser treats cache on external SD card as Internal Storage

Hi, I know that Spotify saves offline music to my SD Card, using external file managers the cache is correctly detected in external SD, however the kitkat default storage analyser reports cache to be stored as internal file storage. I have tested this on 3 of my Xperia Devices on KitKat and tried the various ways to ensure that cache is indeed in the external SD card. I think the issue is with symlinks probably whereby the cache is stored on SD card but linked to the internal memory so the app can still access it. This may be why the default kitkat system storage analyses it to be part of internal memory and causing alot of low storage memory problems.

4 Replies

Bump

Can you verify when you talk about External SD do you mean a removable SD card or the internal memory that isn't used by the system?

You probably have:

Internal (emulated/0)
ext_sd
sdcard

It does seem odd that it's showing as internal, but i would suggest this be an issue with the ROM. Is there an update available for your phone firmware?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

External sdcard. I have update to the latest lollipop firmware available
for Xperia Z1. It isnt really bothering me but when there are certain
system app updates in the play store the insufficient memory would pop up

My friend had that on his due to the stupid amount of internal storage given in the phone. Had to uninstall updates to system apps then disable them to try and clear up some space. Also try removing any cache's you have

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts