Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Landscape mode on Now Playing view

When using my phone in the car I put it in a car holder. The holder is horizontal in order to have better view for navigation etc. I use spotify also a lot in the car but when using the playing music I'm not able to rotate the screen but the playlists dose rotate

Comments
Billy-J

Hey @RL78, and welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall of the app.

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Haakov

Hi. 

When I use Landscape view in the now playing section the view is kinda messed up- it shows the album picture and control buttons clumped together on the right side of the screen, instead of spreading them around. It wasn't like this all the time, but started awhile ago. Ideas? 

Plan

Premium

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x

Operating System

Android

Screenshot_2019-04-03-10-30-40-926_com.spotify.music.png
RL78

ya I tried everything you sad it just started doing this after the update yall put out the other day before that everything was working fine is there something in the settings I need to change now because this really dose suck I am paying for something that is not working right and that is a big no no for me were I will stop paying and move on to something else and not pay for this app anymore 

Billy-J

Hey @RL78.

At Spotify, they are often testing and launching improvements and new features. When Spotify is testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature for only a temporary period. 

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

dclutter1

This doesn't seem like a big deal but it definitely is.  This is a deal breaker for me too.

Why in the world would they remove landscape view?

flippyinvader

I have a galaxy s7 and my screen dont look like that Screenshot_20190403-234335_Spotify.jpg

preadfish

Same here, using Android phone in landscape mode in car. It was annoying to see this morning that the Interface has changed and landscape mode has been removed.

Please bring it back!

Ashley

Same for me after the update.

I think they are forcing portrait due to them now always displaying lyrics which you cannot disable and they most likely cannot figure out how to design a good UI to incoporate yet another shitty forced feature no one asked for.

Katerina
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reporting having troubles with the Now Playing view not switching to landscape mode on your Android devices. We've passed this on to the right teams and they'll be looking into this.

If you haven't tried already, we'd suggest trying a quick reinstall of the app on your device and toggling off/back on Auto-rotate on your phone's settings.

If you're still experiencing this, make sure to add your +VOTE and leave a comment with the following:

• Your device and its OS version.
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you're currently on.
  • Any screenshots of what you see would be helpful. Just make sure that no private/sensitive info is displayed.

We'll let you know here as soon as we have any updates.

Ashley

Im not re installing the app as you will lose all downloaded saved songs. Please stop suggesting this.