Liked songs not syncing across devices

Solved!

Liked songs not syncing across devices

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Oneplus 6t, Spotify Version 8.5.8.567, Linux (Devuan, Debian variant) Spotify Version 1.1.5.153.gf61456d

Operating System

Android and linux

My Question or Issue

Songs not syncing across devices

Hello all, I am having an issue that I have seen posted many times with no real solution, e.g. every post seems to have a different 'solution', if they have one at all. Anyway, on to the problem:
Liked songs are not syncing across my devices. I have Spotify installed on my linux desktop (Devuan, a variant of Debian) and on the side under 'Your Library' > 'Songs' there are many songs that do not appear on my Android phone (Oneplus 6t) under 'Liked Songs' in my library.

I have verified I am logged into the same account on both devices. 
I have tried beginning the songs and then from 'Devices Available' selecting my android phone, which will continue the playlist, even showing the expected songs in the queue, but they do not sync with playlist on my android.
I have tried setting both devices to 'offline mode' for 10+ minutes.
I have tried clearing the cache, clearing the storage, and even a clean reinstall, on both devices, to no avail.
I have tried logging into my account on a second android device (Galaxy S5) which showed the same songs as on my Oneplus 6t, still missing ones shown on the desktop.

I am using Version 8.5.8.567 on my Oneplus 6t, and 1.1.5.153.gf61456d on my Desktop computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I solved this on my own. On my Desktop computer I opened the Songs playlist, highlighted all the songs with ctrl+a, then right clicked and added them to a New Playlist. I opened the Spotify app on my phone and the Liked Songs playlist on my phone showed significantly more songs than it did before and it now has all of the songs that the Desktop app shows.

Hopefully this information can be helpful to someone else, as I saw this question or variations of it asked and never solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey tepsys,

That sounds annoying! Just a few things id like to ask;

• Have you tried unlikeing and relikeing a song to see if that then shows up on your phone?
  • Have you tried logging in on another desktop device to see what songs that shows?

If none of those work, let me know and I'll do some searching for you 🙂

Yes, I have tried unliking and reliking the songs and that did not help.

I have also logged in on another desktop device which shows the same songs as the other desktop device.

Marked as solution

So I solved this on my own. On my Desktop computer I opened the Songs playlist, highlighted all the songs with ctrl+a, then right clicked and added them to a New Playlist. I opened the Spotify app on my phone and the Liked Songs playlist on my phone showed significantly more songs than it did before and it now has all of the songs that the Desktop app shows.

Hopefully this information can be helpful to someone else, as I saw this question or variations of it asked and never solved.

This is the only good solution I have read.  Thank you!  All the other stuff people say about playback and doing other workarounds were useless.  Simple and elegant solution I will remember!

his solution is simple and elegant .. took all of 10 seconds 

Suggested posts