Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Listening to local music: is this even possible????

Listening to local music: is this even possible????

I am FED UP of spotify's inability to play local music on phones. It should be as simple as possible, and yet, after 3 years they haven't figured out how to do it. Sure, there are odd posts here n there where people have got it to work. But most of the posts still say their local files are grayed out on their spotify phone and even after trying everything given on the forums it doesnt work. The reason, the ONLY reason I bought spotify premium was to listen to streamed and local songs offline on my phone. And they've made it terribly difficult to achieve this. Moreover, the so-called advanced options on Spotify desktop has no way of showing if there are devices synced to the desktop app.

How the hell do they still have this problem when hundreds of thousands of premium users have this issue since the last 3 years???

Is there ONE solution that actually works? I've spent days trying, to no avail.

3 Replies

Definitely it would be nice to have spotify act like other media players but the only way you can listen to your local files is by using the desktop app and sync them to you phone.

This is the reply I got from Spotify customer support:

"Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch, we're always happy to clear things for you.

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with the latest changes in the recent Spotify update. Unfortunately there's no way to have the Local files in your Android going Offline.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use the app like you could before.

We can't say if or when any specific features will be back. But as soon as we’ve got anything to announce, we’ll let everyone know over on the Spotify Community.

Let us know if you’ve got any other feedback.

We hope all your inquiries were solved. If you have any further ones please do not hesitate to let us know.

Have a wonderful day.

Spotify Customer Support"

In other words they are saying, "thanks for paying us for premium, but apart from removing ads n a couple of other things, we are incapable of doing what so many of our paying users want. Screw you and have a nice day!"

The thing is that spotify main function is to stream the music artists have mande available in their platform. Spotify is more a streaming app than a local media player.

Suggested posts