Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files on Android won't skip to center of song

Solved!

Local files on Android won't skip to center of song

Recently I've been listening to a lot of audiobooks on my phone by downloading the local files from my computer. Unfortunately today I tried to jump back into the middle of a book and the app won't let me on iPhone or android. I can listen to the books from the beginning, but I can no longer jump to the middle of the book. This is a big problem obviously because I use Spotify for all of my music. I can skip to the middle of the book on my computer and on other playlists that don't have local files, but I can't skip to the middle of local files anymore. I do have premium. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

A little update on the topic:

The newest version of the app is the cause of the issue.

While trying to solve this with SpotifyCares I was able to install an older version of the Spotify app (8.4.51.899), where the timeline navigation works like a charm. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I am currently experiencing the very same problem. 

First of all, I thought that this is some kind of an issue with my synced files so I have re-synced all of them.

After doing that, I went as far as to navigating under Android\data\com.spotify.music\files\spotifycache\Users\[userID]\LocalSync\, where all of the offline MP3 files are usually kept - they are all there and while trying to play them, I can skip to any moment on the timeline with no issue. 

Therefore, I can safely assume that either this is a temporary error of the app or planned action.

I have no idea what the point would be in handicapping the app like that so I believe this issue will be fixed - most probably after the weekend, though. 

Device: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F)

I tried re-syncing my files too, but since it is present on both my wife's iPhone and my android it isn't seem as likely that it is a bug. To me at least that makes it seem more planned, but then again that doesn't seem to have any point. I'll try to submit an official bug report but as of yet I haven't found out how to. 

Marked as solution

A little update on the topic:

The newest version of the app is the cause of the issue.

While trying to solve this with SpotifyCares I was able to install an older version of the Spotify app (8.4.51.899), where the timeline navigation works like a charm. 

Suggested posts