Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local songs download to Android app but will not play

Local songs download to Android app but will not play

I can upload songs to the Spotify app on both of my Windows PCs.  They become "local files".  This is easy and effective.  I can play these songs from that particular PC's app whenver I like.  That's where the fun ends, though.  

I can find these "local" songs on my mobile phone, but they are grayed out and will not play.  When I connect my PC and mobile phone to the same WiFi network and select "download" then my phone downloads all of them.  Once completed, the slider setting changes from "download" to "downloaded" but the song remain grayed out and unplayable.  I have done this on two separate WiFi connections and two separate PCs, both with identical results.  I even tried saving a song directly to my phone's HD.  

What is going wrong and how do I fix it?  I would like to be able to play my local files on my smartphone, which I use 95% of the time.  

Screenshot_20171219-123652.png
1 Reply

Did you follow the instructions here, putting the local files in a playlist etc.? The screen capture seems to show your "liked from the radio" playlist but, clearly, those songs haven't downloaded as they are greyed out and don't have the green arrow agains them.

Suggested posts